Save the Children
- Degree level qualification in agriculture, animal science, economics, community development or other related fields.
- At least 5 years’ experience in youth/adult livelihoods enhancing programmes
- Experience in delivering training to community-based staffs
- Experience in working with local NGO partners
- Strong understanding of small and micro enterprise, education and agro-pastoral skills training in a rural setting preferably in Karamoja region
- Experience in career counselling in livelihoods related enterprise
- Excellent professional use of oral and written English
- Strong leadership skills including ability to influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to forge excellent relationships with youth 15-24 years
- A good understanding of best practices, techniques for achieving and sustaining youth’s positive engagement
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work as part of field team and successfully join up work with partner staffs
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/jobs we need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
To apply for this job please visit hcri.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.