Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative Bio – Medical Research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services, and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
Position: MCH Laboratory Tester
No. of Positions: 04
Reports to: Care and Treatment Officer
The MCH Laboratory Tester will ensure that all pregnant and breastfeeding women and their partners receiving maternal newborn and child health services at the respective facilities receive HIV testing services (first time testing and maternal re-testing), Hepatitis B and syphilis testing and Viral Load bleeding for HIV-positive pregnant and breastfeeding women receiving at the respective Mother Baby care point (MBCP). The MCH Laboratory tester will ensure that all HIV- exposed infants receive their age-appropriate HIV testing along the HEI care cascade.
• Ensure that all eligible pregnant and breastfeeding women in Antenatal, Maternity and YCC are tested for HIV and Syphilis within MCH setting in line with the PMTCT-STAT targets.
• Ensure that partners of pregnant women are provided with HIV testing within MCH settings.
• Ensure that MCH clinic flow is according to the models in effect at static and outreach sites to allow for integration of services.
• Ensure that retesting of HIV is done among ANC, Maternity and YCC clinics mothers.
• Bleed eligible mothers at the mother- Baby care points for Viral Load.
• Participate in outreaches to conduct EPI-EID integration.
• Support expansion of coverage for EID at 4-6 weeks, 9 months, 6 weeks after cessation of breastfeeding and a rapid test at 18 months.
• Ensure that the daily testing logs and documentation in authorized tools are always done and signed off by the Nurse in Charge.
• Support documentation in registers.
• Ensure proper accountability for HIV test kits and reagents given to the MCH departments.
• Ensure that all syphilis & HIV testing, including phlebotomy, is performed according to the national testing algorithms, and using infection Control Standards.
Knowledge and Experience
• Academic Qualification of either O’ Level, A-Level, or a certificate in any medical related field.
• Prior training in HIV counselling and testing is an added advantage
• Experience working in a health facility setting.
• Basic Knowledge of HIV/AIDS.
• Ability to read and write.
• Applicant Must be a resident of the district or nearby areas (Gombe, Nyendo, Lulamba, Kalisizo )
• Attach a photocopy of an original National ID.
• An LC I Recommendation Letter from the area of your residence
|Masaka||Nyendo HC III||01|
|Kalangala||Lulamba HC III||01|
Job application process
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can email their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV, copies of academic qualifications /certificates addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com or hand HAND DELIVER your applications at RHSP Kyotera cluster office in Kalisizo, Mpigi cluster office in Mpigi- Kayabwe, Sembabule cluster office in Sembabule next to Centenary Bank, Lyantonde Cluster office in Lyantonde Town Council. Please clearly indicate district of interest in your cover letter. Deadline for Submission: Thursday 31st March 2023 by 5:00pm.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences. Program. Any form of lobbing and canvassing will lead to disqualification.