FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries.
FHI 360 is implementing the USAID Maternal Child Health and Nutrition (USAID MCHN) Activity, a five-year program (January 2020 to December 2024) designed and funded by USAID to improve maternal, newborn, child health, and nutrition (MNCH) outcomes in Uganda. The Activity also supports improved delivery of MNCH services in Kampala through strengthening service delivery systems, focusing on the urban poor, in both public and private sectors.
Purpose: FHI 360 seeks five short-term data officer hires to work with staff at selected high-volume referral hospitals in Kampala to strengthen management of MNCH, nutrition and family planning health records, data and reporting.
Position: Data Officer – 05
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: MEL Advisor – Kampala
Duration: not more than 120 working days
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Conduct ongoing quantification of required data collection and reporting tools.
• Assist in routine collection, aggregation, and dissemination of HMIS data at the facility.
• Conduct HMIS mentorships for unit/department staff on documentation, aggregation, and reporting.
• Conduct routine validation of data entered in the reporting system
• Maintain up to date weekly tracker for key indicators and activities conducted.
• Conduct data harmonization activities between the pre-primary, primary and summary reporting tools.
• Support mini-surveys and assessments like baseline survey, site mapping, data quality assessments.
• Participate in the facility-based data review meetings to identify and apply actions to quality of data submitted in the DHIS2 systems.
Required Experience & Qualifications
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Social Sciences with a bias in medical records management from a reputable institute.
• 2 years’ experience in conducting HMIS, OVC MIS and Covid data management tasks at facility level
• Experience in the use of DHIS2 system to enter client level data at facility is an added advantage.
• Experience using facility and community data management tools.
• Good numeracy skills, attention to detail and experience with data entry using DHIS2 system.
• Experience in handling collecting, collating, and managing numerical data.
• Data analysis skills
How to apply:
Interested individuals are encouraged to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible and no later than 5 days from the publication of this advert. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.