Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Generic Role and responsibilities
- Monitor and report on the project activities and ensure compliance with plans and NRC standards
- Work with the community education committees in the planning and enrollment of the activities
- Distribute and monitor the use of school materials according to procedures
- Administer VSTIs and ensure learners’ payments and entitlements
- Provide support supervision to teachers and VSTIs in their work
- Suggest new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities
- Report all protection related concerns
- Carry out data collection as required
- Prepare field reports
- Prepare and file relevant documents as required by line manager
- Responsible for community mobilization/sensitization on AEP VST activities.
- Provide on-site support supervision and feedback to AEP teachers, Lead teachers, Head teacher and VSTIs.
- Ensure community participation, contribution and ownership in the ALP program and the VST.
- Carry home visits to AEP learners and take part in discussing issues that affect the child as a mentoring process.
- Liaise with community leaders to ensure that out of school children benefit from AEP and VST activities.
- Identify community concerns that hinder the enrolment of children in ALP, retention and completion and recommend measures to address them.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on activities within each AEP school and VST with relevant data.
- Inspect and supervise regularly all the AEP and VST centers/schools.
- Ensure constructive co-operation with local authorities and host schools in implementing AEP activities.
- Assist in identification and registration of AEP and VST learners (database)
- Assist in updating AEP learners’, teachers’ and VSTIs’ data base.
- Participate in relevant meetings including coordination meetings with other education partners at field level
Desired professional competencies, knowledge and behavioral skills.
- Bachelor Degree in education
- Registered with Ministry of Education and Sports and in possession of registration certificate
- Teaching experience of at least three years and above.
- Experience from working with education projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Some knowledge of English
- Ability to speak local language commonly spoken by the beneficiaries is added advantage
- Knowledge of the local context and education systems in Uganda
- Ability to work harmoniously with the refugees and host communities
- Self-driven and ability to work well under minimal supervision.
- Application is online only; Qualified Uganda Nationals only
- submit application, detailed curriculum vitae and academic documents as a single PDF document by 21st Feb 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis;
- NRC does not at any stage of the recruitment process request candidates to make payments of any kind. Further, NRC has not retained any agent to conduct recruitments on behalf of the organization.
- NRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to Apply
To apply for this job please visit ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.