The role reports directly to the Sales Team Lead / Supervisor who in turn reports to the Head of Commercial (Any changes in reporting lines will be communicated in writing).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Be front line sales point by selling our products to customers. Must act as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets through both business to business (B2B) and business to customer models (B2C)
• Maintains and develops good relationship with customers through personal contact, meetings and/or via telephone etc.
• Very efficient in gathering market intelligence and customer information to enable negotiations regarding variations in prices, delivery and customer specifications to their managers.
• Help management in forthcoming product introductions, launches and discussions and implementation of special promotions.
• Maintain the set performance level of hitting and exceeding the performance weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual targets, weekly reporting and forecasting, customer farm and premises survey, input leads into sales app, invoicing and education customers.
• Timely reporting on daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly performance and field sales activities as required by supervisor.
• Record sales and order information and report the same to the sales department in a timely manner. Proper and timely accountability for all cash disbursed. Note: Tulima Solar has a strict no cash payment policy unless expressly approved by the supervisor.
• Provides accurate feedback on future buying trends to the sales department in order to
support the forecasting process.
• Follows procedures for signing out and return of stock from inventory and assume full responsibility for all stock removed.
• Follows procedure for using phone Sales and Installation Apps for registering all
customers. MAGPI for pump customers
• Carefully train all customers on equipment usage, warranty conditions, repayment plans, payment procedure, and in the use of mobile money or airtel money payment process.
• During your contract tenure, you will be expected to sale pumps as per the monthly set target, ensure timely entry of all leads in the Sales Application, conduct five (05)customer surveys every week, process five (05) invoices every week and target to talk to 8 – 10 customer’s daily and provide tangible evidence to your supervisor, as an average productivity rate, consideration for long term contract will depend on performance.
• Carefully select quality customers with capacity to pay for the Systems as well as follow up customers closely to ensure that they make timely repayments. A bonus will be paid for all Sale’s officer whose customer portfolio at risk (PAR) is less than 9%.
• 1 (one) year experience in field based sales role
• Diploma or Degree in Sales and Marketing, Business Management, Agricultural studies or working in any agriculture projects an added advantage
• Strong, energetic, resilient and motivated sales person
• Enthusiastic of sales role.
• Comfortable working with farmers in remote fields.
• Ability to set sales plans and budgets that balance sales and economics.
• Takes ownership and represents the company.
• Entrepreneurial attitude.
• Honest and trustworthy.
Job application procedure
Send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org