Windle International Uganda (WIU) is an International Non-Governmental Organization managing Education programmes in refugee settlements in Uganda. WIU is the lead agency for education in 9 out of the 12 settlements, although we operate in all 12 settlements including Kampala.
Windle empowers refugees and people affected by conflict to achieve their academic potential and contribute to sustainable development by providing education and training opportunities. Our mandate is to expand access to, and improve the quality of education and training for refugees and communities affected by conflict, neglect or discrimination. We work in close collaboration with Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
In partnership with UNHCR, WIU Imvepi Refugee Settlement field office seeks to recruit suitable persons to fill the positions of Secondary Trained Teacher, Secondary Deputy Head Teacher, Primary Deputy Head Teacher, Primary Trained Teacher, Teaching Assistant, ECD Care Givers & School Guard, to work in Imvepi Refugee Settlement – Terego District.
Job title: School Guard
Reports to: Head Teacher
No. of Posts: 07 (Seven)
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide safety and security of all staff, pupils and school properties.
• Ensure proper records of persons and vehicles entering the field office/school.
• Record and report any security related incidents to your immediate supervisor.
• Open and close the gate/ official exits and entrances for authorised persons.
• Ensure that the field office/school is secure, presentable and well-maintained.
• Ensure Covid-19 SOPs are adhered to by all visitors (Wearing of masks, taking temperature of all visitors, washing of hands).
• The guard must be knowledgeable about the organization and must understand his/her surroundings.
• Schedule and conduct routine surveillance of the property and surrounding areas during every shift.
• Perform any other duties and responsibilities relevant to the job assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum of Primary Leaving Education (PLE) Certificate
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a guard in a school/institution setting.
• Recommendation from LCI chairperson detailing good conduct (no criminal activity including protection violations) from former employer or LC authority or RWC
• Ability to express oneself in English and compile situational reports from time to time.
• Physically fit to meet the required standards of security personnel.
• Should be a resident of Imvepi Refugee Settlement Refugees are highly encouraged to apply.
Job application procedure
All interested applicants should submit their hand-written applications including detailed and up-todate typed curriculum Vitae, photocopies of all their academic and professional documents, photocopy of national ID or refugee attestation, Letter of recommendation detailing good conduct (no criminal activity including protection violations) from former employer or LC authority or RWC and the contact details of three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Administrator
Windle International Uganda Imvepi Refugee Settlement
All Applications should be hand delivered to Windle International Uganda, Imvepi Refugee Base Camp or Arua Regional Office (Ociba road next to Hotel Arua) between (8:00 am- 5:00 pm; Monday to Friday).
Closing Date: All applications should be received not later than Monday, 03rd April, 2023 by 5pm.
Applicants must have no history of violation of children’s rights or of Child abuse and sexual exploitation of any kind
Windle International Uganda is an equal opportunity and a corruption intolerant employer. Women and persons with disability who meet the job requirements are encouraged to apply.
No fee is charged at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications will be assessed strictly on individual merit
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will be disqualified and blacklisted.
Whereas we actively welcome all applications; however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.