Masaka Vocational Training Institute
Academic Registrar Job at Masaka Vocational Training Institute
Masaka Vocational Training Institute (MVTI) is a new Business Technical, Vocational Educational Training (BTVET) College located in Bugabira, Nyendo-Mukungwe Division, in Masaka City. MVTI will officially open in February 2023, and will be offering different BTVET and Directorate of Industrial Training (DIT) approved vocational training and technical courses leading to the award of Certificates and Diplomas. MVTI is desirous of recruiting a highly motivated and competent individual for the position of Academic Registrar.
Job title and position
Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Principal of the Institute, the Academic Registrar will be responsible for:
- Receiving, vetting and processing application from students and learners who wish to join the institute
- Registering students with UBTEB and other examination and assessment bodies
- Overseeing the students’ admissions and graduation process
- Ensuring students records are always up to date with attendance, grades and finances
- Assisting the Principal in supervising and evaluating tutors on regular basis
- Ensuring the proper alignment of institution’s curriculum with that of UBTEB
- Collecting, recording, maintaining and reporting of students’ records and registration data
- Providing support to the heads of departments in developing and administering their departments’ budgets and work plans
- Keeping students and learners’ records and information confidential and secure
- Train other staff in the use of computers to manage and process students’ data and other institute’s management information systems
- Performing administration and clerical tasks as well as the secretarial duties of the institute
- Participating in the students’ service committees and initiatives
- Dealing with the institutes’ HR processes
- Coordination of the institutes’ procurement processes and inventory management
- Carry out the financial, administrative accounting and support of institute’s business processes
Competences and Skills required for the Job
- Proven work experience as a Registrar or similar role
- Excellent organizational skills to maintain the institutes’ academic and other records
- Strong computer literacy with knowledge of working with database and other computer programs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Professional appearance to represent our organization
- Ability to formulate strategies, policies and systems for improved services delivery
- Strong Leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong resource mobilization skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent customer care skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in any one of the following disciplines: Education, Business Administration, Secretarial Studies, Human Resource Management, Economics and any other related and relevant field
- At least three (3) years’ experience working in an educational institution or busy office environment, of which at least one (1) year should be at a supervisory level
- Prior experience as a registrar for an educational institution would be an added advantage
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application letters by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
addressed to the Director, Masaka Vocational Training Institute.
Deadline for receiving applications is Friday 20 January 2023
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com