Aga Khan University ( AKU )
AGA KHAN UNIVERSITY
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents (www.aku.edu). An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
AKU invites applications for the position of, which will be based at the Aga Khan University Kampala, Uganda.
Reporting to the Coordinator Finance, the Accountant will be responsible for all day-to-day student financial management and accounting for receivable pertaining to AKU Uganda and providing the necessary financial data and reports for effective collection of students and decision making by the respective entity heads.
- Ensure accurate reporting of financial data within AKU student management system.
- Working closely with the registrar and student experience office to communicate timelines and content of financial assistance
- Responsible for organising financial committee meetings to evaluate financial applications by students.
- Debt collection: Holding monthly meetings with students/suppliers who are not in good financial standing with the institution to follow up on collection.
- Managing the examination card issuance and semester registration to enhance debt collection.
- Preparation of all receivable schedules, aging statements, and monthly students receivable accounts
- Working closely with leadership in calculation of credit loss estimates as per IFRS 9 to ensure timely submission
- Other accounting related work that may be assigned and required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting and Finance
- Professional training ACCA/CPA finalist or equivalent is an added advantage
- Over 3 years of professional experience with:
- Excellent computer accounting skills
- Excellent understanding and application of International Accounting standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Technical skills in accounting applications and MS Office
- High self-drive
- Solution oriented
- Team player
Candidates meeting the above requirements are invited to email their application, curriculum vitae, names of three referees and copies of certificates & testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach not later than 20th January 2023.
Please quote the position title on the email subject.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com