Mountains of the Moon University (MMU)
Mountains of the Moon University (MMU) is a Public University established under Statutory Instrument, Number 2 of 2022, hence a body corporate with perpetual succession and a Common Seal.
First established as a Private University in 2005, by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), in accordance with the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001, as amended, MMU has been making strides toward becoming an academic Centre of excellence.
To consolidate its desire for academic excellence, MMU hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled candidates for the following positions: –
JOB TITLE: Accountant
Salary Scale M6.2
Responsible to: Senior Accountant
No. of Posts: 1
Ref. No. EXT AD/APP/005/01/03
Purpose of the Job
To perform general accounting duties involving tracking accountability, vouching for completeness, up-dating and maintaining books of accounts and, producing routine financial statements and reports.
- Ensure proper payroll management and timely payment to beneficiaries including gratuity.
- Prepare and file all statutory monthly returns to URA and NSSF, and ensure all suppliers and contractors are issued with Tax Clearance certificates in respect to WHT.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budget and budget performance reviews on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Provide IFMS system training and support to users at the University.
- Assist in preparations of periodical financial statements.
- Resolve all IFMS related clearances and online registrations, reconciliations, and ensure the dossier, purchasing, Account payables, account receivables, cash Management and General Ledger’s statuses are normal periodically.
- Compile accountability returns, verify and retire advance ledgers.
- Examine correctness of payment requests and completeness of documentation for further processing.
- Maintain primary financial records and up-to-date books of account.
- Prepare periodic bank reconciliation statements.
- Analyzes and monitors financial systems of the office, as requested and recommends improvements.
- As directed, provides assistance to departments and individuals in interpreting reports, accounting procedures, controls and in resolving associated problems.
- Assist in audit activities.
- Prepares special reports and analyses as requested.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- All payment receipts and invoices posted in the Books of Accounts and the computerized Financial Information Management System of the University.
- All revenue and payment receipts posted into the Books of Accounts and computerized Financial Information Management System
- Payment vouchers prepared and checked for authorization of payments.
- All payment vouchers duly authorised; are supported by the required documents and filed properly.
- Income and expenditure schedules are continuously updated.
- Reconciliation schedules are prepared.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Finance or Business Studies (Accounting or Finance Option) plus CPA / ACCA Level II obtained from a recognized awarding body. Evidence of practical training on IFMS will be highly desirable.
A minimum of 4-years of working experience as an Accountant in Government or, an equivalent level of Accounting work experience from a reputable organization, of which 2-years should have been served in payroll management.
Interested and eligible candidates MUST ELECTRONICALLY submit on e-mail email@example.com as one attachment in PDF the following: –
- Application letter.
- A detailed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing names and contacts of three (3) credible referees.
- Certified copies of the relevant academic/professional Transcripts and Certificates.
- Copy of a valid National Identity Card.
- Details of the physical address, telephone contact, and email address.
- Any other relevant documentation to support the application.
The application should be addressed to: –
The University Secretary
Mountains of the Moon University P. O. Box 837, Fort Portal Uganda Fort-Portal, Lake Saaka Campus, Block C, Room 03.
The deadline for receiving the application is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday 17th February 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org