Administration and HR Officer, Uganda – national position
The closing date for applications is 31 March 2023
Contract duration: 1 year, with possibility of extension
Duty location: Lamwo
Applicants are required to uphold the core values of our organization.
World Service is the internationally recognized humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation (LWF), assisting people in need irrespective of their ethnicity, religion or gender. We implement programs worldwide, working with both local and international partners, helping communities achieve their full potential and advocate for their universal rights. Our partners include Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, the European Commission (ECHO), the US Government (BPRM) and UNHCR, with whom we are a key implementing partner. For additional information please see www.lutheranworld.org
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
Coordinating the Human Resources Function.
- Facilitate and coordinate recruitment processes in full compliance with the LWF Personnel Regulations; Draft job descriptions and vacancy announcements; Screen candidates & participate in Interview panels; Prepare recruitment recommendations & liaise with HR Head Office to ensure action is completed.
- Provide administrative coordination in the extension of contracts, processing of benefits and allowances, and entitlements, Input and track all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, recoveries, adjustments, and separations.
- Provide support to staff performance management & learning and development in full compliance with LWF rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines. Monitor compliance with the performance appraisal review and the preparation & implementation of the wider Office learning plan in consultation with the SSC.
- Communicate the review and update of Human Resources-related policies. Effectively implement and orient staff on the Personnel Regulations for National Staff and HR Strategy.
- Assume overall responsibility for leave management; record management; Ensure to maintain comprehensive personnel files on administrative/HR matters in a confidential and secure manner.
- Validate and coordinate the local payroll and related issues.
- Facilitate staff manpower planning and separation process among others.
General Administrative Function.
- Arrange official travel, accommodation, and visitation requirements for staff and visitors to and from the Subprogram office.
- Ensure availability, proper use of, and maintenance of office supplies, utilities, and pieces of equipment.
- Maintain an updated fixed asset register of both the office and residential premises.
- Organize training courses, information sessions, and orientations for staff.
- Liaise with HR & the Administration Head Office to disseminate important information to all staff.
- Secures custody of office and motorcycle/vehicle duplicate keys, issues keys as agreed with the team leader/, and maintains a register/log of all keys issued and returned.
- Support the management in the authorization of stock requisitions/release/receipt of items in and from the warehouse.
- Review monthly reports for Administration, HR, Fleets, and Stock.
- Ensure proper Office management procedures.
- Supervise proper use of LWF vehicles and motorcycles in line with Best Practices and the Fleet SOPs.
- Review the monthly fuel accountability report; and submit a balanced, accurate report to the Logistics Manager.
- Approve the weekly movement plans of Vehicles; keep standard records to account for these movements.
- Update and do follow-ups with Logistics Manager on the Fleet Insurance cover status.
- Approve and follow up on Vehicle and Motorcycle maintenance and repair requests made.
Procurements and Inventory Management.
- Support in implementing the procurement plan in line with the Sub-program demands.
- Work with the procurement staff or designates to ensure the timely delivery of quality goods and services.
- Play the supporting role during the vendor pre-qualification process and thereafter ensure implementation of the agreed-upon service level agreements.
- Serve as the focal point person in handling vendor-related complaints with regard to goods and services.
- Serve as an approving Senior Officer under the purchase workflow LPO system.
- Coordinate store management; manage the flow of goods in and out of the stores, and review the monthly stock reports.
Financial Management; Budget Monitoring, Control & Reporting.
- Liaise with the Subprogram Accountant in developing accurate annual budgets and budget revisions for the HRP according to the standards of the donor.
- Manage the training budgets and the overall Administration Budget.
- Facilitate responses to audit findings and recommendations in HR & Administration.
- Performs any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Subprogram Manager or Support Services Coordinator.
Education, Qualifications & Experience Required:
The applicant must possess a University Degree in Human Resource Management, Community/Organizational Psychology, Business Administration, or any other relevant related field of study from an accredited institution; A Post Graduate training in Human Resource Management or Public Administration & Management is an added advantage; At least 4 – 5 years’ experience in Human Resources or Administration from a reputable organization preferably an INGO; Computer literacy and knowledge of MIS/HRIS is essential.
Special Skills, Aptitude, or Personality Requirements:
Problem-Solving and Decision-Making skills; Ability to inspire and build the capacity of national staff; Good interpersonal skills and excellent negotiation skills; Excellent English Language (both written and spoken); Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.); Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines; Good team worker with good communication skills;
Ability to exercise sound judgment, remain flexible to a changing environment, and make decisions independently; High level of people management skills; High integrity, self-driven and willing to work hard under challenging circumstances, able to complete assignments with tight deadlines and minimal supervision; Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as a team playing skills.