Administrative jobs in Uganda
To perform routine clerical and administrative duties, and assisting the project coordinator with all aspects of administrative management including; logistics, organising projects files and documents, directory maintenance, scheduling appointments and meetings, equipment and storage and supporting other staff.
1. Support the field implementation teams with processing activity requests, accountabilities and payments, and maintain a document tracker to facilitate a systematic, timely flow and review of documents by the relevant authorities.
2. Organise and schedule appointments, project meetings, taking accurate minutes and confirmation of attendance for required participants.
3. Make travel arrangements and prepare requests for travels related to project and travel reimbursements for project staff.
4. Supervise clerical duties of the project including scanning, photocopying, biding and maintaining appropriate filing system for all project reports and assisting in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
5. Place and expedite orders for project supplies to procurement and administration units, verify receipt of supplies, and support the field teams with all logistics required for implementing project activities.
6. Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies and updates the project coordinator for action.
7. Ensure operation of equipment such as motorcycles by completing preventive maintenance requirements, calling for repairs, and maintaining equipment inventories.
8. Maintain contact lists of all project stakeholders, and write and distribute e-mails, correspondences, memos, letters to partners when asked and on behalf of the project manager and other staff.
9. Coordinate between departments and operations unit in resolving the day today administrative and operational problems.
10. Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisors
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
· A Bachelors Degree (Honors) in a business related course or any degree oriented towards Administration.
· The job holder must have at least three (3) years relevant working experience in general office administration and fleet management in a reputable organization.
3 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit careers.baylor-uganda.org.