A Commercial Bank
The Agricultural Lending Manager in FINCA Uganda is a Senior Manager responsible for managing the Growth and Credit Risk of FINCA’s Agriculture Lending offerings, ensuring adherence to sound lending practices in compliance with Policies, Procedures, and Regulatory Requirements. The incumbent is also responsible for managing partnerships, structured value chains and ecosystems financing programs, and FINCA Uganda’s collaborations with funders, sponsors, and other external stakeholders in the area of agribusiness lending.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Product delivery: This responsibility includes working with all staff involved in Agriculture Lending to ensure quality delivery of Agriculture product lines in compliance with policies and procedures and other operational guidelines issued from time to time.
- Quality of the Product Portfolio: this requires the Product Manager to implement Portfolio Quality Checks, Special Portfolio Audits, Achievement of PAR targets, and Delinquency Management.
- Credit Policy Administration: ensuring that policies, procedures, and lending processes, required to implement sound credit management practices are effectively communicated, disseminated, and implemented; and collecting feedback highlighting areas where policy reviews are required.
- Product innovations: aimed at improving existing products, product features, and processes for competitiveness and innovations for new Agriculture Lending Products. The Product Manager takes lead in the implementation of new products during the pilot until they are commercialized.
- Capacity building: training & development, technical guidance, rotation, performance tracking and management, and effective communication aimed at inspiring desired performance.
- Management of Partnerships, Structured Value Chains, and Ecosystems Financing programs, for business scale.
- Management of Reporting Requirements related to FINCA Uganda’s Collaborations with funders, sponsors, and external stakeholders in Agriculture Lending.
- Loan Portfolio Management Analytics: Budgeting and Budget Variance Analysis Reports, Stress Testing Reports, Product Profitability Reports.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Growth and Development.
- Management of Partnerships, Structured Value Chains, and Ecosystems.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- High Integrity/Ethical.
- Result-oriented and attentive to detail.
- Excellent relationship management and organizational skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Environmental Science, Commerce, Accounting and Finance, or Business Administration.
- Candidate must have at least 2 years of management experience at the level of a Credit Manager, Product Manager, or Regional Manager; or 3 years of experience as a Branch Manager in a regulated financial institution.
- Sound knowledge of microfinance and banking regulations and practical knowledge of principles and practices of Agriculture Lending.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to take up these roles in the aforementioned capacities are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including their present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: email@example.com
Deadline: 27th January 2023
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org