National Information Technology Authority- Uganda ( NITA-U )
|Job Title||Applications Administrator|
|Reporting to||Manager Data Centre|
|Jobs that report to this role||N/A|
|The Applications Administrator shall be responsible for the installation, development, testing, deployment, optimization, and documentation of servers.|
|1. Responsible for installing, configuring, documenting, and maintaining business applications, servers including but not limited to electronic communication, image capturing, servers, workstations, and peripheral devices.
2. Monitors and analyzes performance across the organization’s business applications, servers. Provides performance statistics and reports for application services, servers.
3. Assists in maintaining the effectiveness of security solutions, including firewalls, anti-virus solutions, and intrusion detection systems.
4. Collaborates in development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans and maintains current knowledge of plan deliverables. Maintains, and documents enterprise-wide backup and recovery system.
5. Manages, monitors, and configures workload automation systems.
6. Responds to emergency outages in accordance with departmental policies, procedures, business continuity, disaster recovery plans and serves in an on-call rotation.
7. Remains current with the latest technologies.
8. Assists in ensuring connectivity across all organizational networks and third-party interfaces.
9. Administers network user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
10. Recommends strategies for improving the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and assist in the design and deployment of new systems. Research hardware and software products to justify recommendations.
11. Collaborates with vendors to determine the most cost-effective solution possible while meeting business needs.
12. Assist in managing technology vendors and contracts.
13. Responsible for server and licensing asset management.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
– Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, or Telecommunications Engineering.
– Professional certifications such as MCSE, ITIL MCSA, CCNA, etc, will be an added advantage.
– At least three years’ experience in IT support functions.
– Experience/Knowledge in Linux, virtualization and cloud computing platforms will be an added advantage.
|Nature and Scope|
|Interpersonal Skills – Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team; Capacity to establish credibility, and trust and partnership and Excellent communication and report writing skills.
|Level of responsibility –
Interested applicants who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form (which can be downloaded from the NITA-U official website https://www.nita.go.ug/downloadable-forms/job-application-forms), with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology
Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Tel: 0417 801 038
via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications for the positions is 20th February 2023 (Not later than 1700 hrs. Local Time). Only Soft copy applications will be accepted and no application will be considered without a duly completed and signed standard application form (referred to above).
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation, influence peddling, and or any other “backdoor” attempt, of whatsoever nature, to influence the selection process in one’s favour, will automatically lead to the disqualification of a candidate without any recourse.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com