The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for the Companys accounts, recording and posting of transactions to ledgers, support the Finance Team in preparation of Financial Reports and Statements, updating fixed assets & inventory register. The incumbent will handle all administrative roles including but not limited to banking, petty cash reconciliation and maintaining a basic general ledger of assets in line with the company policy.
1. Payments Handle the payments process from start to finish and ensure proper payment records are maintained.
2. Petty Cash Management: Replenishment, Reconciliation of the Petty Cash account, Petty Cash Counts and maintenance of all Petty Cash Files and Records
3. Record keeping and filing.
4. Tax and Statutory Returns: Prepare and file all statutory payments e.g., WHT, VAT, PAYE, LST accurately and on time, maintenance of VAT unclaimed and claimed files, as well as conducting tax reconciliation.
5. Banking: Carry out daily bank reconciliations and handle all banking requirements of the company
6. Reconciliation of all supplier statements to accounts payable, bank accounts and/or any other finance accounts.
7. Review and track Employee claims and expenses and make reimbursements once approved.
8. Compile a monthly fixed assets report with all new acquisitions and share with the finance manager.
9. Perform monthly reconciliations for all WIP assets and update listing monthly.
10. Ensure accurate depreciation of all assets is flowing into the financial statements monthly.
11. Ensure the Asset Register ties to the Trial Balance and the asset note monthly.
12. Ensure all projects are capitalized upon completion.
13. Perform Quarterly asset verification of all fixed assets and variances booked in the system.
14. Facilitate asset tagging and physical verification to ensure the assets are capitalized using Wasp Asset Tracker system.
15. Support departments in compiling the CAPEX budgets and tracking spend monthly.
16. Participate in and support the audit process.
17. Provide Administrative support to the Head of Finance and undertake any other duties as and when required.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS, TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelors Degree in either Accounting, Finance or Business Administration or a related field
2. CPA level 3 is a n added advantage.
3. 2 4 years of experience in a similar or related role
4. Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
5. Strong analytical skills
6. Good organization skills
7. Ability to work unsupervised and under pressure with tight deadlines.
8. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
9. Hands-on experience with MS Excel
10. Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards, and compliance requirements
Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply = https://yalelo.ug/jobs/assistant-accountant/
To apply for this job please visit yalelo.ug.