Responsible for evaluating, pricing, and prescribing the terms to apply on risk proposals in line with the company’s laid down underwriting procedures.
• Review all applications for insurance and assess their acceptability or otherwise.
• Prepare and process policy documents, endorsements and schedules.
• Process and send renewal reminders and follow up to achieve renewal targets.
• Prepare certificates and cover notes as may be required by customers.
• Respond to customer and intermediaries’ enquiries related to underwriting. Ensuring premiums are settled as per company policy.
• Assess performance of risks and make recommendations for improvement through line managers.
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Bachelor’s degree in any related field or business course
• Certificate of Proficiency (COP) in Insurance
• Diploma in Insurance is an added advantage Experience
• Minimum of two (2) years’ relevant experience
Essential Knowledge/Skills and Experience Required:
• Excellent communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft office packages such as word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Relationship management
• Excellent customer care
• Good negotiation skills
• Good analytical skills
• Problem solving skills.
• Technical competence in insurance
• Basic knowledge of regulations by Insurance Regulatory Authority.
CIC Insurance Values:
CIC Insurance Group is committed to providing excellent service, spur further growth and employees are required to align their behavior to the following core values as critical to driving their performance.
• Integrity-Be fair and transparent
• Dynamism-Be passionate and innovative
• Performance-Be efficient and results driven
• Co-operation-Live the Co-operative spirit
Job application procedure
If you have the aforementioned professional and academic qualifications and you are ready to execute the above mandate, kindly send your resume to the address below indicating on the subject of your email the job title. For example: Ref: Application for Assistant Underwriter
Strictly apply through email: email@example.com
The application should reach us by close of business on 7th April 2023. Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.