Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger
DEADLINE: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 12:00:00 AM
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Bachelor Degree
JOB LOCATION: Several Locations
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
The Base HR/Administration Officer provides human resource support at the base office. S/he coordinates the management of key HR functions including performance management, absence & attendance, employee relations, benefits administration and ensures adherence to organisation policies and procedures across the base.
Key duties & responsibilities
1. Recruitment and selection: In collaboration with the hiring managers, Support the recruitment process for the Base office. This includes Job Profiling, Advert Placements, Shortlisting, Interviewing, Reference checks, contracting and any other pre-employment screening.
2. Filing and documentation
Monitor and ensure regular and accurate updates of staff personnel files; ensure proper digital archiving of staff data for both capital and Base offices.
Maintain up to date employee files i.e. adequate records of employment documentation such as position offers, appointment letters, contracts and job descriptions ensuring that they are provided on time, based on established staff employment policies and procedures.
Maintain Up to date staff lists and and share monthly base HR reports with the Head of Human Resources.
1. Induction; Coordinate the induction of all new staff in collaboration with the Head of HR.
2. Update and track annual leave and work with supervisors to ensure that they have a leave plan in place
3. Train, Orient, induct and support all staff in the bases in consultation with the Head HR.
4. Monitor and advise staff on performance, Probationary Periods, Mid-year and 10 minutes conversations and annual Appraisals.
5. Ensure that all HR policies and procedures are followed for staff directly under his/her responsibility
6. Performs any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
1. Supervisory Responsibilities
1. Line manages the Office Assistants providing day-to-day support, setting performance objectives and appraise their performance in accordance with Action Against Hunger performance management policies, identifying areas where they require support and capacity building
A bachelors degree in Human Resource, Organisational Psychology, Social Sciences, Business Administration with a bias in Human Resource Management or any other relevant field
A minimum of 4 years experience implementing human resource functions in a busy setting.
Knowledge of key HR functions, procedures and the Uganda labour law.
Excellent knowledge and use of Excel is a MUST.
At least 2 years previous experience in an NGO, preferably in a similar role.
Excellent interpersonal skills (stress management and motivation).
Demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting gender equality within the work
A self-starter who can work independently under pressure and who has ability to management competing priorities without direct supervision
Follow This Link To Apply: https://actionagainsthunger.qedhrm.com/careers/apply?jobid=ODAz
To apply for this job please visit actionagainsthunger.qedhrm.com.