We are seeking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of Branch Manager.
Reports to: Regional Manager
Job purpose: To Manage and supervise all branch performance and operations by ensuring that the branch delivers appropriate products and services to clients’ needs, reliable, quality and timely services to customers, while promoting holistic transformation for both staff and clients, their families and their communities.
Key Result Areas:
|Branch Management and Supervision
· Coordinate the branch staff to ensure achievement of financial sustainability, market coverage, customer outreach, savings portfolio growth, transformation, service quality with a focus on consumer protection and, efficient targets for the branch
· Oversee all the branch operational activities, including loan disbursement, teller services, account opening,
· Ensure the day to day management of the branch, opening and closing the branch and coordinating available resources
· Monitor branch office expenses to ensure compliance with budget
· Coordinate all branch management weekly or monthly meetings
· Monitor all branch property and equipment movement, there security and review condition compared to book value
· Meet set targets for loan disbursement, Portfolio (PAR) quality and deposits targets
· Member of the branch credit committee
· Ensure that client’s complaints and feedback are appropriately and effectively handled, the complaints handling channels are in place and effectively being used
· Provide assistance to any examination conducted by BOU, other regulators, external auditors and internal auditors
· Achieve branch customer satisfaction rating of 90% and Net promoter 90%
· Ensures that staff don’t knowingly over burden clients with debt by monitoring clients over-indebtedness
· Coordinate the annual branch planning process for the branch’s targets and budgets
· Ensure that adequate resources are provided to the branch staff on time
· Train, mentor, advice, guide and support branch staff to ensure staff are motivated and organized to exceed performance targets
· Monitor achievement of performance of the branch against the set objectives and take corrective action against significant deviations
· Ensure weekly and monthly performance returns to Head office, relating to saving portfolio growth, staffing, client training and general performance of the branch
|Operational and credit risk management, internal control and regulatory policies, procedures and systems compliance
· Communicate clearly to branch staff all policies, guidelines and procedures, where training is needed it should be provided
· Ensure high level of product knowledge and risk management systems by all staff
· Ensure that both operational and relationship branch functions and activities are in compliance with local banking legislation, client protection guidelines and internal control policies and procedures
· Implement and monitor security and fraud precautions at the branch to protect customer deposits, bank assets and staff
· Conduct unannounced audits of cash in vault and all branch cash funds and cash limits
· Ensure privacy of client data at all levels, and train staff on how to handle client data
· Ensure branch staff behavior is in line with the code of conduct, core values and mission
· Ensure that clients complaints are registered, solved appropriately or escalated to the responsible person at head office within the specified time
· Ensure that staffs communicate clearly and effectively to clients in a language that they understand, explaining all terms and conditions before sale and during sale.
· Ensure that clients receive signed copies of Key facts documents, loan contracts, and their guarantors also receiving copies of the guarantee contracts.
· Ensures that loan recovery is done according to policy, or in accordance with the acceptable and unacceptable collection practices
· Ensure staff are well trained in loan assessment and evaluation to prevent client over-indebtedness
· Ensure that new staff before they are assigned any task are properly trained, but even then continue offering on job training and mentoring
|Branch based marketing, sales and client service strategy and approach
· Ensure profitability of the branch through cost controls and mobilizing deposits
· Ensure staff act fairly and reasonably in all their dealings with a client or group of clients, not discriminate against any customer on the grounds of sex, race, color, ethnic origin, tribe, birth, creed or religion, social standing, political opinion or disability;
· Ensure staff do not exert undue influence or duress on a consumer to enter into a transaction
· Conduct client exit surveys at the branch , review the client and staff satisfaction survey and impact assessment reports, use the information for branch improvement is service delivery
· Promote a sales oriented culture within the branch that satisfies the needs of clients and recognizes the importance of long term customer relationships.
· Gain close client contact through field visits to keep abreast with customer needs, service problems and resolving problems as necessary
· Reinforce the application of superior customer service
· Ensure that client product and service delivery is aligned to the client protection principles as detailed in the code of conduct
· Establish linkages with other likeminded organizations that can provide services that OBUL cannot provide to promote holistic transformation e.g Health services
· Train staff on best customer service and award good customer service
|Branch Human Resource management
· Establish and communicates clear and comprehensive organization structure and job descriptions for all staff based in the branch
· Carry out quarterly and annual performance reviews, ensures that all branch staff are appraised based on performance objectives and recommending them for training whenever necessary
· Ensure effective management of poor performance and disciplinary actions
· Induct, train, motivate, coach, encourage and mentor staff
· Hold regular reporting and planning meeting with all branch staff
· Reward both social and financial performance
· Ensure staff adhere to the code of conduct and those who deviate face disciplinary actions
· Promote staff spiritual development activities like devotions, prayer retreats, trainings, team work building activities etc.
· Ensure that both staff and clients have access to HIV/AIDS preventive and positive living information and those who are infected are affected are not discriminated.
· Conduct staff exit survey’s and inform management.
Qualifications & Experience
- 4 years’ experience in banking and 2 years at Supervisory level
- Bachelor’s degree in Business related field
Personal skills and abilities
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers and determine what products or service would best serve those needs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Leadership and team building skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Proactive and decisive.
- Creativity and passion for business development and acquisition.
- Technology savvy.
- Analytical and credit skills.
- People management skills
- Adult learning training skills
- Project planning and management skills
Opportunity Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of disability, gender, marital status, religion and ethnicity.
Interested candidates should send their signed application letters together with their curriculum vitae not later than Friday 7th April 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or The Human Resources Manager, Opportunity Bank Uganda Limited, Plot 1259, Old Kiira Road, P. O. Box 33513 Kampala
Applications submitted after the deadline shall not be accepted