To deliver standard business support processes for a specific professional area of work, to facilitate effective service delivery.
Key accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
1.Provide data management administrative support to the field office. The Job holder is expected to produce organized and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities particularly supporting data management at the field office to facilitate effective service delivery.
2. Manages Implementation of Partners reports i.e. CPDR for General Food Distribution, Cash transfers, Nutrition programmes, etc., in collaboration with Government (OPM), UNHCR, and other partners in the settlement and transit centers.
3. Update the Area Office Food Release Note (FRN), Cash Release Note for General Food Distribution, MCHN, SFP are created in the WFP database (COMET) by the 15th of every month to ensure timely food call forward.
4. Regularly captures General Food Distribution, CBT, MCHN, SFP monthly CPDR into the WFP Database (COMET) for timely clearance or validation by the Head of Field Office or any other delegated authority.
5. Capture General Food Distribution report (DDR), MCHN and SFP monthly progress reports into the WFP ProMIS database ready for clearance by the Head of Field Office or any other delegated authority.
6. Keenly monitor and review overall commodity movement such as food release, deliveries, returns and distribution at the various settlement FDPs and ensure that all transactions have been properly recorded.
7. Update the GFD and CBT distribution schedules as well as the beneficiary trends at the end of every cycle.
8. Report on any discrepancy related to data capture during data analysis in COMET and ProMIS or related to partner reports.
9. Coordinate and facilitate training of cooperating partners staff and other stakeholders in reports, data management in ProMIS and COMET Mentors and trains cooperating partner staffs in data capturing using the WFP recommended reporting systems;
10. Maintain population statistics for refugees in formats agreed by Field Office and update the Programme Management Information System (ProMIS) and COMET on a regular basis;
11. Submit weekly, monthly and refugee statically updates for the area of operation particularly for southwest region
4PS Core organisational capabilities
Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Helps teammates articulate WFPs Strategic Objectives.
Be a force for positive change: Suggests potential improvements to teams work processes to supervisor.
Make the mission inspiring to our team: Explains the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities to teammates.
Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Articulates how own units responsibilities will serve WFPs mission.
Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Trains junior teammates on new skills and capabilities.
Create an inclusive culture: Seeks opportunities to work with people from different backgrounds.
Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Serves as a peer coach for colleagues in same area of work.
Create an I will/We will spirit: Tracks progress toward goals and shares this information on a regular basis with supervisor.
Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Explores ways to consistently be more efficient and accurate in own areas of work and shares new methods of work with colleagues.
Focus on getting results: Focuses on getting results and tracks trends in completion rates for own tasks to identify opportunities for efficiency.
Make commitments and make good on commitments: Takes responsibility for own tasks and notifies supervisor as soon as possible of potential delays in meeting deadlines or commitments.
Be Decisive: Independently decides what action to take when faced with critical choices in the workplace or in dangerous situations in the field.
Connect and share across WFP units: Suggests opportunities for partnering with other units to supervisor.
Build strong external partnerships: Identifies opportunities to work with colleagues and partners in the field towards common goals.
Be politically agile & adaptable: Develops an understanding of the value of WFPs teams and external partners in fulfilling teams goals and objectives.
Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Aligns own activities with supervisors priorities to fulfill internal and external partner needs.
Standard minimum qualifications
Holds a Bachelors degree Computer Science, ICT, Statistics, Business Statistics, Population Studies, or any other related field
A minimum of two years of relevant work experience in either of the following field; data management ,data analysis, monitoring and evaluation or related experience
Knowledge / Experience in using any of the statistical data analysis software (STATA, SPSS, Mini-Tab etc.)
Good knowledge and skills using data management packages;
Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals;
Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention;
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English
Deadline for applications
Friday 30th December 2022
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.