World Vision International
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
Due to expansion in scope of our programmes, we are now seeking for a qualified and passionate individual willing to share in our vision and join the team in the following role.
Position: Child Sponsorship Systems Officer
Report to: Programme Manager
Location: Hoima District
Advert Start Date: 10th January 2023
Advert End Date: 17th January 2023
Purpose of the position:
To Effectively Coordinate and Provide Technical support to Cluster Sponsorship Operations within the partnership standards for child wellbeing.
Management of Child Sponsorship Systems;
- Manage Sponsorship systems both Technical and Business processes within partnership guidelines.
- Carry out timely system upgrades, maintenance and provide timely feedback on Child Sponsorship systems requested by NO and GC/SOs.
- Support Staff and partners on utilization of the horizon mobile phone and any other new gadgets.
- Support the Cluster/ AP with IT related issues (Cluster IT Focal Persons) Carry out system data quality
- Validation and update for accuracy & timeliness (RC Bio data, monitoring field, and participation).
- Support staff &COVAs to transfer data from the phones and upload into Sponsorship systems.
Coordination of Child Sponsorship operations within Partnership standards
- Timely update of quality child data and SO communications (queries, GN, mails, child monitoring, and participation) into Child Sponsorship systems. (100% data entered for all RCs).
- Generate and analyze periodical correspondence and child wellbeing reports, identity gaps and risks and share with management.
- Manage cluster RC Budgets and supplies in line with SO and GC agreements (New growth, RC Death, Drops, Holds).
- Analyze Management reports, child correspondence and child Information reports and guide the Programme/ cluster team case management and effective sponsorship operations coordinate planning, implementation and completion of annual correspondence (APRs, CUPs, CEWs, and Christmas Cards).
- Conduct quality reviews of all the sponsorship correspondences, Child and community Medias Build capacity of Staff and Volunteers in child sponsorship operations.
- Coach and Mentor staff and Volunteers in Sponsorship operations and Child engagements Work with the AP-coordinator and TPOs to develop and operationalize annual integrated monitoring plan. –Work with the AP Coordinators to develop annual child participation Change Statements and update date them in Hope Effectively track and guide APs on RC and family Participation in line with the sponsorship standards
- Support SOOs in Community engagement and sensitizations on Sponsorship model and approaches.
- Participate in the AP DPA processes and guide to accommodate the Sponsorship requirements and child engagements
Manage Communication and Sponsor Relations within partnership standards
- Receive and process the all-child Sponsor communications from SO, GC, National Office, Field and ensure they are either processed , scanned or posted
- Update appropriate correspondence action routes in Hope Correspond with Support office and National Office in compliance with sponsorship standards
- Adopt, Develop, monitor, and implement the established checks and controls for sponsor information in line with the child sponsorship standards
- Monitor and advise staff and volunteers on Child Sponsorship communications from Cluster to NO/SOs.
- Expeditiously monitor and follow up on all Sponsorship communications from NO, RO and SOs to the allocated APs with the SOO and AP Coordinators.
- Manage Sponsor visits to their sponsored children within the cluster/AP in line with child Sponsorship standards.
- (Organize all logistic needs at cluster/AP). Attend to Sponsors and follow up on child and adult safe guarding issues.
- Document and report Programme key findings from sponsor visits, recommendations and opportunities.
- Management of Sponsorship Initiatives
- (Sponsorship 2.0, Digital correspondence, story teller, LEAP Frog contents, Chosen,) in line with the partnership guidelines and timeframes.
- Roll out approved Sponsorship Initiatives as per NO plan and guidance.
- Effectively manage implementation of initiative(s) as per plan and report on progress, recommendations within partnership guidelines.
- Rain, coach and mentor staff and partners on the initiative and follow-up on utilization of the initiative.
- Follow up with staff and Partners to ensure 100% roll out and adoption of Initiatives
CESP Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability
- Review and Support designing and targeting of the AP CESP plan- DIP, Log frames and budgets Support AP implementation and provide monthly CESP implementation update reports and actions for better execution.
- Support sponsorship DPA community engagement and establishment of CESP structures and engagement of partners.
- Provide CESP semi-annual and annual quality review of reports. Consolidate and submit quality monthly, quarterly & annual Performance reports for appropriate actions. Collaborate with MEAL to assess the progress of CESP implementation and budget utilization periodically and take appropriate actions.
- Support AP Transition processes and communications including Farewell letter, Project closure comment, Community Farewell Video, Community Farewell Photos
- Participate in AP evaluations and Baseline surveys
- Participate in the Sponsorship Feasibility and Risk assessments within the Assigned cluster/AP.
Child and Adult Safe Guarding
- Ensure all RCs have a signed consent form on file.
- Ensure all Correspondences and communications are reviewed for child protection
- Ensure all Sponsor Visits adhere to the child safeguarding policies and behavior protocols -Facilitate Sponsor Visits within the Clusters
- Review all the Videos, photos & Correspondences being sent to NO, SOs and GC to ensure they meet sponsorship child protection requirements.
- Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases of children and report any violations in accordance with the child and adult safe guarding policy and guidelines
- Work with Child Protection Officer to ensure child and adult safe guarding compliance standards at the cluster/AP
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- A University Degree information Technology, Statistics or any other related field.
- 3 years Experiences and knowledge in data entries, analysis and data base management are added advantage
- Computer literate
- Must be a committed Christian
- Computer skills in Windows, MS Excel, Word, publisher and power point.
- 3 Years of Experience in Computer systems support and Field engagements
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.