KCB Bank Uganda
Collections & Recoveries Manager
Manage and lead staff to ensure effective recovery and containment of the SME business total arrears portfolio.
Key Responsibilities: Must Not Be More Than 10
- Formulate and implement the Collections function strategy in achieving the required NPL percentage.
- To monitor, manage and control within budget or alternatively agreed guidelines:-Provision adequacy, Collections, Bad debt recoveries, Outsourcing; and Operational expenditures.
- Lead the Corporate & business collections section with a view of establishing and maintaining a high performing and motivated team.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the other functions within the bank as well as other stakeholders like finance Department, Retail Department, Corporate Department, external debt collectors, Auctioneers, Court Bailiffs, and the Lawyers.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and KCB Uganda policies on recovery process.
- Monitor Collection agency’s productivity through regular reviewing of performance.
- Allocate portfolios to various collections staff and collections agencies.
- Action all loss and written off accounts with a view to bringing them back to a situation reflecting NIL arrears or realising collateral in a timely manner
Daily Responsibilities: Not More Than 5 Of The Most Typical
- Ensure collections instructions sent to Credit Administration are applied timely.
- Update RM’s on the corporate & business clients in arrears.
- Ensure all client information is updated in the system (Credit Quest).
- Ensure letters and reminder messages are sent to the clients whose accounts that are in arrears.
- Compliance with statutory, regulatory and supervisory requirements, to protect the reputation of the Group and to avoid legal action/sanction in respect of regulatory Compliance matters.
- Field visits with the aim of regularizing of delinquent accounts and knowledge of general client’s businesses
Challenges: Give One Example Of The Challenges Encountered In This Job
- I deal with high valued clients when it comes to taking hard decisions like sale of properties. There are threats by the defaulters and their relatives; there is also a tendency of them proposing bribes so that we don’t take certain actions on their files.
- ABFs especially involving movables depreciate and loose value which affects recovery
- Uncooperative defaulters especially during valuation of properties
- Lengthy court processes impacting negatively on realization of securities.
- Lengthy process of recovering through insurance claims
- Insufficient customer data in the files.
- Property market slump making it difficult to recoup full value.
- Write off collection system is still manual for example checking 7000 accounts manually in T24 and recording using MS Excel to verify the arrears position.
Academic & Professional:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Bachelor of Laws (LLB MUK)
- Professional Qualifications
- Master’s Degree – MBA
How To Apply
Follow this link to apply https://ug.kcbgroup.com/component/new_kcb_careers/career/79
To apply for this job please visit ug.kcbgroup.com.