Hello Hello! Alight is recruiting a Community Based Protection Officer for our program in Uganda to be based at Nakivale Office. Youre interested in joining us? Welcome, were happy youre here!
If you join us, you will find
A team with deep experience in co-designing solutions that create new value around the world. We know we need to always be better, and we believe in the power and abundance of everyday people, everywhere, to change the world with us.
A culture of radical accountability to our customers as we help build a meaningful life for and with the displaced, we ask them what they want and then deliver on it.
Reporting directly to the Protection Manager, the Community Based Protection Officer will ensure quality protection outcomes by catalyzing community actions around the PSNs, providing direct support to PSNs, and drawing from synergy with the larger community protection components.
Key duties & responsibilities
Project development, implementation and reporting:
Under the supervision of the Protection Manager, contribute to drafting concept papers and proposal development.
Lead the process of yearly/ quarterly and monthly plans for Community Based Protection programs
Make sure that all community services projects adhere to the standards and or principles of the respective thematic areas as well as ALIGHT guidelines and accountability standards.
1. Lead the process of CRI distribution for POCs from Alight side- coordination, pre awareness raising and post monitoring, litigation desk etc. as per standards
Support to PSN:
1. Lead from Alight the process of PSN profiling and ongoing risks analysis in order to design adequate responses.
2. Ensure PSN support is planned and provided as per needs assessment and profiling
Strengthening of community structures:
1. Responsible for mapping of community based structures in the settlement
2. Conducting needs assessment and providing, tracking and monitoring of support provided to 1. Community self-management structures 2. Community groups as per agreed programs of UNHCR and BPRM
Strengthening of community:
1. Ensure capacity building plan and training materials are prepared for the community members training.
2. Designing and conducting quality trainings with pre and post-tests, training reports and clearly documenting impact of trainings on persons trained
Community Complaint Mechanism
1. Responsible for functionality of all Complaint Response mechanism are fully functional (suggestion boxes, FRRM, Protection desks, Community structures)
2. Documentation of monthly trends on complaints received to gauge which methods is working well and or not and putting in corrective actions
3. Ensure Accountability to Affected Population Plan (e.g. FGDs etc) how, what, when, where, who is developed all data received should be documented as per each sub sector
Ensure a weekly monitoring of protection trend in the settlement and share reports with Team Leader.
Contribute in preparation of monthly and weekly activity and spending plans.
Contribute in drafting weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports.
Spontaneously draft and share flash reports on major protection incidents and risks.
Coordination and representation:
Develop relationships with a range of key stakeholders, Local Government and other stakeholders on the community services thematic areas at the field level in close liaison with the Team Leader.
Represent ALIGHT and participate actively in the local Community Services working groups and any other meeting as requested.
Close co-ordination in project implementation with partners (UN agencies and national/international NGOs), including referrals, community services gap analysis, advocacy.
Work closely with the other program components to maximize program output and impact.
Staff development and management:
Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the Community Based Protection Assistants, Incentive workers, and community based structures within the operational area.
Develop staff performance measurement and targets and appraise them based on the set targets.
Conduct daily field visits to support Community Based Protection Assistant mentoring through technical back stopping and to train duty bearers.
Uphold s code of conduct and principles on accountability.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
Contribute to the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and interventions.
Identify, document and disseminate relevant project success, challenges and follow up on implementation of projects action points
Assist in participatory needs/vulnerability and capacity assessments of affected communities
Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of results.
On request perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisors in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
Adhere to ALIGHTs code of conduct.
A university degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Adult and Community Education, Social Work and Social Administration, Community Psychology or any related field.
At least 3 years experience in Community Services or community development interventions.
Familiarity with effective community mobilization techniques and social change approaches, such as Raising Voices SASA!, strongly preferred.
Experience in participatory methods for community education and mobilization.
Diplomacy and assertiveness; the ability to confront and discuss sensitive issues with respect.
Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
To apply for this job please visit alight.hrmagic.co.