Construction jobs in Uganda
1. Give Support to the Technical Services Manager and Construction Manager for the execution of the project.
2. Review of E&I project documentation.
3. Studying the preferred methods of erecting/assembling electrical and instrument equipment, establishing erection/assembly sequence.
4. Ensure erection and installation is complete and to vendor/project requirements.
5. Resolution of technical issues raised by installation crews.
6. Material review and installation coordination with subcontractors. Coordination of works between subcontractors and supporting construction supervisors.
7. High standard of safe working practice, quality and productivity as well as compliance with Code of Business Conduct.
8. Ensure that the National Content Plan is followed by all parties (McDermott and Subcontractors).
9. Managing the training and advancement of local employees and ensuring that knowledge of the company’s policies, processes and procedures are communicated.
Undergraduate degree in Engineering (Electrical or Control Engineering). 10+ years of experience in Oil and Gas engineering construction projects and practical experience as a Construction/Technical Services Engineer. Advance proficiency in construction management software, in-depth knowledge of construction industry regulations. Proficient computer skills- MS Office Suite.
McDermott, a premier, fully integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutions to the energy industry is looking for Construction and Project support personnel. Successful candidates must have relevant experience and recognized expertise in large international onshore/offshore oil and gas projects. The working environment is multicultural and demands considerable experience in the project process working with International Clients and Contractors. Strong communication skills, fluent spoken and written English.
Detailed job requirements can be found on the McDermott careers website at www.mcdermott.com/Careers and searching for Uganda in the location field. All applications must be made via the website and those received from any other source will not be considered. Only candidates who been deemed to have fully met the requirements of the roles will be contacted for interviews. If you have not been contacted directly within four weeks of your application, then you have not been successful. In support of our commitment to the development of the local community. Ugandan national applicants will be given priority.
The deadline for applications is January, 20″ 2023.
To apply for this job please visit www.mcdermott.com.