Main Job Purpose:
To oversee the implementation of cost-effective GSM/WCDMA/LTE/5G/WIFI/WIMAX technology and directly responsible for the last mile delivery of all products and resources to the wireless cellular phone user. To ensure that the radio access network infrastructure delivers the highest quality of service to the end user in their allocated region.
MTN Uganda Limited is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the following Position;
Job Title: Consultant – Radio Planning & Optimization
Reports to: Senior Consultant – RAN Planning & Optimization
No. of Vacancies: 1
Main Job Functions:
- Consolidation of capacity requirements for 2G, 3G, LTE, WiMAX, Wi-Fi from the business and site performance KPIs.
- Consolidate regional coverage requirements for 2G/3G/LTE/WIMAX/WIFI/5G from Marketing, Sale & Distribution, Customer Service, Radio Planning and other stakeholders for inclusion in the annual budget cycle.
- Ensuring that site physical parameters are strategically positioned to meet the predetermined business targets and counter competition.
- Ensuring all network related regulatory and group key performance indicator targets are met through liasing with OEM and Managed Services partners
- Follow up on site rollout projects for 2G, 3G, LTE, WiMAX, Wi-Fi to ensure that drive tests, configuration and performance checks are properly done.
- Evaluation of new equipment like new BTSs, Node Bs, antennas, eNodeBs, new RRUs
- Evaluation of new RAN network solutions and technologies such as OPENRAN, network sharing, refarming, spectrum sharing.
- Play a supervisory role for major RAN projects such as modernization and site build in terms of the site performance.
- Generation of reports on 2G/3G/LTE/WiMAX/Wi-Fi sites performance
- Bachelors’ degree from a recognized University in any of these fields; Electrical / Telecommunications Engineering
- Project management approach such as Prince II or PMBOK an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in radio planning and optimisation which must include:
- Experience across diverse OEM vendors such as ZTE, HUAWEI, ERICSSON
- Experience working with subcontractors to deliver on assigned works
- Experience working with radio planning tools such as ASSET, MAPINFO, google earth
- Strong understanding of different radio network configurations for 2G, 3G, WIFI, WIMAX, LTE
- Project Management
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of radio propagation principles and techniques
- Knowledge of the end- to -end basic telecommunications network
- Project Management Skills
- 1 year driving experience
- Ability to climb and access difficult physical terrain.
- Advanced Supervisory skills
- Flexibility and Agility regarding problem solving and working hours.
- Planning and organizational skills
- Communication/reporting skills (verbal and written)
- Drive test skills
- Radio Access Network Design, Planning and implementation training (2G,3G,4G,5G, WIMAX)
- Survey skills
- Project management skills
- Vendor management skills – OEM Vendors
- GSM Systems Survey
- WCDMA Capacity Assessment and Improvement Solution
- LTE Network Planning, Design and Dimensioning
- Advanced Cell Planning Training – Small cell, macro cell, pico cells
- Advanced Planning Principles
- Defensive driving skills
- Agile, Design Thinking, Scrum
- Supervisory training
Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.