AKF East Africa is currently seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to fill the role of Country Finance Manager -Uganda to be based in Kampala. The Country Finance Manager will report to the Regional Chief Finance Officer (CFO) and is part of AKF Uganda’s core management team mandated to oversee and shape financial and grant management of the Foundation’s portfolio in Uganda. The position is responsible for the strategic and day-to-day management of the Finance functions for the Aga Khan Foundation, Uganda.
- Provide leadership to finance, grants, and accounting areas of the organization.
- Maintain a system of accounts and keep books and records on all transactions and assets.
- Prepare and analyze accurate monthly financial and management reports, including income statement, balance sheet, budget and variance, projections and forecast, and cash flow.
- Assist in the management of grants budgeting, grants reporting, compliance, and reconciliation.
- Prepare a variety of ad hoc financial analysis as requested by the Regional CFO and other stakeholders.
- Oversee payroll administration to ensure all payroll postings are done accurately and timely.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are processed accurately, on time, and within generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with AKF’s and donor requirements.
- Review Fixed Asset Register quarterly and ensure that all assets are properly tagged and identified.
- Prepare and submit monthly cash balance reports to Regional Chief Finance Officer
- Prepare and submit cash requests to donors and follow up on disbursements of funds from donors and on receivable accounts from other units.
- Manage, oversee, process (as appropriate), and act as a backup for processing all but not limited to, the following transactions: payroll, accounts payable, revenue and expense, fixed assets, cash, bank reconciliations, and allocations.
- Perform month-end closing procedures, including overhead allocations, account reconciliations, and review of schedules.
- Ensure that required documents are prepared and required information given for annual statutory audits, internal audits, donor audits, and any governmental audits. Ensure that the audits are completed on time and follow up to ensure that all audit recommendations are implemented within the agreed timelines.
- Manage the day-to-day banking and investment transactions. Manage the Regional Office cash flows with a consultation with the Regional CFO.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial information in the AKFK’s annual report.
- Recommend and report upon benchmarks against which to measure organizational performance.
- Support in the production of cash flow reports, annual budget, and forecasts.
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management.
- Assist with the preparation of timely and accurate Grants, Property and admin budgets and ensure this is submitted by set deadlines.
- Follow up with various departments and programs to ensure they submit their budgets within the set deadlines.
- Take lead in the consolidation of the country budget and ensure costs are charged to the correct grants and projects.
- Prepare and assist with developing audit schedules for the annual audit.
- Conducting spot checks on partners, monitor expenditure, and assist in preparation/review of donor reports.
- Provide support in proposal development while ensuring that it follows donor requirements.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and regulatory requirements.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Finance and or Accounting together with a professional qualification – CPA, ACCA, or CIMA.
- Demonstrated experience of working with consortiums, international multilateral and bilateral donors is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in the budgeting process from beginning to end in a multi-donor environment is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in using Business Central & Jet Reporting ERP system will be an added advantage. Generally, one must have experience in any other ERP system.
- Work experience in an international development organization is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in the preparation and supervision of annual financial accounts.
- Experience in the preparation and supervision of both annual external audits, internal grant reviews, and donor audits is necessary.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communications skills.
- Ability to demonstrate effective managerial and leadership skills.
How to Apply
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this unique career opportunity with AKF should submit a two-page cover letter and a maximum three-page CV including three professional referees’ names and contact information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Country Finance Manager | AKDN (brassring.com)
AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org)