Tropical Bank Limited
Tropical Bank Limited
DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 12:00:00 AM
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Bachelor Degree
JOB LOCATION: Kampala
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
We seek to fill the vacant positions of Credit Control Officer in the Credit department.
Credit Control Officer- (1 POSITION GRADE 2)
The Officer will administer compliance of the Credit Policy, Financial Institutions Act, pre and post disbursement conditions of sanction including but not limited to financial and non-financial covenants, so as to ensure high quality of the asset book, minimize losses and avoid penalties from the Central Bank.
Duties and Responsibilities (Brief description)
1. Review credit files and confirm that they meet the minimum requirements before disbursement.
2. Use a standardized checklist that will ensure consistency in the file clearance processes and loan requirements.
3. Review the credit file to confirm that approval of the sought facility was granted by the right approval authority and that the correct legal documents have been drawn up and been duly executed to protect TBLs interests.
4. Review the offer letters and confirm that all approved terms and conditions; and covenants have been captured before the disbursement is done.
5. For secured facilities and where insurance cover is required, ensure that the insurance policy is on file before proceeding for disbursement.
6. Confirm that security perfection was done for secured facility; or exceptional approval has been sought from Executive Management/Board.
7. Update the register of exceptions for regular follow up and ensuring completely closure within the agreed timelines.
8. Disbursement of the recommended files as per the approval terms and conditions.
9. Perform duties of risk champion and secretary of the Credit Committees as may be deemed necessary.
10. Perform other assignments from time to time
Key Performance Indicators
1. Satisfactory risk and audit ratings
2. Turnaround time as per approved SLAs with the business units
3. Effective leave management
4. Customer Service Index
5. Update tracker
6. Timely report submission
Personal specifications and competence
Must be a holder of a first degree from a recognized university, preferably in Business Studies, Finance and Accounting, Management, Commerce, Economics and Statistics.
Certification in credit skills and Professional qualifications in Finance or related fields e.g. ACCA, CPA is an added advantage.
A minimum of 1 years exposure/experience in a busy environment.
Credit analysis skills interpretation of financial information
Computer application and skills
Good understanding of the Banks core system (T24) and Credit Processing System
Good understanding of the banks products
Thorough understanding of the product parameters
Have excellent negotiation, coordination and organizational skills
Ability to exercise the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
Have excellent communication skills both written and oral.
Good interpersonal skills ability to quickly build rapport with new people.
Minimum Education Qualification:
A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with a minimum of a second class upper or its equivalent.
Minimum of 3 years cognate experience in banking Sales.
SME sales experience is preferable.
If you believe you meet the requirements for any position above, please submit your Application letter together with your CV to our email only: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be addressed to;
Head Human Resource
Tropical Bank Ltd
Plot 27 Kampala Road
P.O. Box 9485 Kampala.
Closing date for receiving applications is: Tuesday 11th April, 2023
Please Note the following:
1. Candidates must put the Job tittle/position in the subject of the email during submission of their application.
2. Tropical bank does not ask for money or rewards in exchange for Job opportunities.
3. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Follow This Link To Apply: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org