Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
A credit professional responsible for credit risk structuring and sanctioning of transactions covering multiple industry sectors within defined discretionary limits.
Support the Wholesale Credit team in providing credit input to Absa Bank Uganda (ABU), delivering a World-Class Credit service, and contributing towards achievement of the teams’ risk and business objectives.
Ensuring the optimal quality of the credit portfolio by application of best practice in decision-making, to a maximum defined personal lending discretion.
Credit Risk Management
- Ensure the highest standard of credit quality through the structure, sanctioning, monitoring and control of credit applications. Making commercial decisions and taking full responsibility for the consequences.
- Exercise judgment and discretion in the evaluation and approval/decline of higher risk classification credit proposals.
- Provide feeds into business and credit policy development, where appropriate.
- Implementation and ongoing delivery of business and credit policies and processes.
- Work in collaboration with Credit Risk team to simplify and streamline our processes to improve the customer experience and effectively manage cost
- Adherence to governance, compliance & lending portfolio controls.
- Work in collaboration with Credit Risk team hierarchy to ensure the team performs its control responsibilities in a reliable, robust, and cost competitive manner.
- Work in collaboration with Credit Risk partners to manage our risk profile including impairment, market risk, operational risk, and financial crime risk.
Business Risk Partnership
- Support growth consistent with our strategy-aligned Risk Appetite, and in partnership with business areas
- Understands own role in the end-to-end credit process, including the application of applicable risks and controls
- Adheres to Absa’s policies and procedures demonstrating sound judgement and responsible risk management
- Deliver service in line with agreed service level agreements.
- Work in partnership with leadership to drive business strategy, provide advice, identify opportunities, and deepen client relationships
- Innovate, simplify, and streamline our processes to improve the customer experience and reduce cost.
- Work in partnership with leadership to improve the trust and confidence of our regulators
- Maintain interactive collaborative relationship with Country and AGL Credit Risk Sanctioning, Enablement, Policy, Governance and Conformance Team.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)