Ministry Of Health
The Republic Of Uganda
Ministry Of Health
Request for Expression of Interest (Eoi) For the Vacant Positions in the Ministry Of Health under the Uganda Covid-19 Response and Emergency Preparedness Project (Ucrepp)
Procurement Reference Number Moh-Ucrepp/Cons/22-23/00005
The Government of the Republic of Uganda has received financing from the International Development Association (IDA) towards the implementation of the Uganda Covid-19 Response and Emergency Preparedness Project (UCREPP).
The Project is being implemented through existing government structures whereby respective Departments at the Ministry of Health and other government parastatals are responsible for implementing respective components of the Project.
To assist the Ministry of Health in implementing project activities, the
Government wishes to engage the services of suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant positions indicated below.
Objectives of the Assignment
To configure, monitor, maintain and improve the performance of data for the UCREPP Project.
Scope of the Assignment and Key Responsibilities
The Database Administrator will support the following:-
- a) Carry out scheduled maintenance of a database to ensure efficient performance.
- b) Perform database integration to merge existing database into new ones.
- c) Carry out database backups and recovery to prevent loss of useful data.
- d) Conduct assessments to identify areas that requires modifications or updates.
- e) Design and test beta version of a database to determine how well they meet the needs of end users.
- f) Develop and implement procedures for data storage, organization, and management.
- g) Use database software such as SQL in writing and preserving data for an organization.
- h) Liaise with Stakeholders to develop database effective in storing and retrieving necessary information.
- i) Evaluate the needs of users and implement solutions to meet their data management needs.
- j) Implement security measures to maintain database integrity and protect important data from cyber-attack.
- k) Organize and conduct training to provide users with information on database operations.
- l) Coordinate the installation and configuration of new or revised systems.
- m) Collaborate with IT managers, software developers and programmers to design database system.
- n) Ensure compliance with company standards and procedures for database administration.
- o) Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Competences
- a) The applicant must be a Ugandan National with either a Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or Business Computing or Information Technology.
- b) The Applicant must have a minimum of six (06) years hands on experience in Database Management.
- c) Experience with front- and back-end web-based applications and familiar with various web service technologies.
- d) Experience in developing lifecycle documents, including Use Cases, Detailed Functional Requirements, Detailed Design Specifications, and Software Requirement Specifications.
All positions are based at the Ministry of Health Headquarters, Kampala but the officers may be posted outside Kampala if need arises.
Submission of Applications
Written Expression of Interest accompanied with a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials and three referees, one of whom must be from your current or previous employer should be submitted at or before 27/01/2023 at 4:00PM and addressed to:
The Procurement Specialist
Ministry of Health, Block D, Room D109, Plot 7 Lourdel Road, P.O. Box 7272, Kampala
The procurement schedule subject to changes is as follows: