Windle International Uganda (WIU) is an International Non-Governmental Organization managing Education programmes in refugee settlements in Uganda. WIU is the lead agency for education in 9 out of the 12 settlements, although we operate in all 12 settlements including Kampala.
Windle empowers refugees and people affected by conflict to achieve their academic potential and contribute to sustainable development by providing education and training opportunities. Our mandate is to expand access to, and improve the quality of education and training for refugees and communities affected by conflict, neglect or discrimination. We work in close collaboration with Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
In partnership with UNHCR, WIU Imvepi Refugee Settlement field office seeks to recruit suitable persons to fill the positions of Secondary Trained Teacher, Secondary Deputy Head Teacher, Primary Deputy Head Teacher, Primary Trained Teacher, Teaching Assistant, ECD Care Givers & School Guard, to work in Imvepi Refugee Settlement – Terego District.
Job Title; Deputy Primary Head Teacher
Reports to: Head Teacher
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the Head Teacher in the coordination and supervision of the day-to-day administration of the school and the district and WIU offices.
• Coordinate with WIU and inform the office about all interventions taking place within the school.
• Intuitively prepare schemes of work and lesson plans in line with approved curriculum on termly, weekly and daily basis.
• Conduct lessons and remedial work according to the set timetable.
• Actively participate in the process of continuous assessment and evaluation of learners.
• Keep and maintain class records / inventory and other related reports (Registers, records of work, progress reports and equipment.)
• Actively engage in co-curricular activities.
• Guide and counsel learners.
• Any other duties relevant to the position as assigned by the Head Teacher.
Minimum Qualifications and Professional Experience
• Diploma in Primary education
• Bachelor’s degree in the same field is an added advantage
• Certificate of registration with Ministry of Education & Sports is a Must
• Two years’ work experience as deputy head teacher and other administrative position in a busy learning environment.
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Letter of recommendation detailing good conduct (no criminal activity including protection violations) from former employer or LC authority or RWC
• Exceptional oral & written communication skills
• Proven leadership and administration skills
• Reporting skills, organization and accountability
• Good counselling & guidance skills
• Must be aged between 30-50years.
HOW TO APPLY
All interested applicants should submit their hand-written applications including detailed and up-todate typed curriculum Vitae, photocopies of all their academic and professional documents, photocopy of national ID or refugee attestation, Letter of recommendation detailing good conduct (no criminal activity including protection violations) from former employer or LC authority or RWC and the contact details of three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Administrator
Windle International Uganda Imvepi Refugee Settlement
All Applications should be hand delivered to Windle International Uganda, Imvepi Refugee Base Camp or Arua Regional Office (Ociba road next to Hotel Arua) between (8:00 am- 5:00 pm; Monday to Friday).
Closing Date: All applications should be received not later than Monday, 03rd April, 2023 by 5pm.
Applicants must have no history of violation of children’s rights or of Child abuse and sexual exploitation of any kind
Windle International Uganda is an equal opportunity and a corruption intolerant employer. Women and persons with disability who meet the job requirements are encouraged to apply.
No fee is charged at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications will be assessed strictly on individual merit
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will be disqualified and blacklisted.
Whereas we actively welcome all applications; however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.