Management jobs in Uganda
1. Prepare and file monthly VAT and WHT returns, ensure timely settlement of tax obligation and maintain documentation plus reconciling to SAP General Ledger.
2. Prepare annual income tax and petroleum revenue returns.
3. Work with HR on PAYE, Societal on Local Government Taxes, HSE on OHSA and Logistics on Customs issues to improve company compliance when it necessitates.
4. Review Company procedures for tax implications where applicable.
5. Providing guidance and advice to C&P Methods, Finance metier, Contract Engineers and Buyers on tax optimization in contracts, both general and specific.
6. Design and disseminate tax information and guides to company personnel including but not limited to Finance, C&P, HR and miscellaneous budget holders.
7. Perform tax Activity and Entity Level Controls.
8. Develop and support in liaison with URA and partners future income tax and petroleum revenue compliance regime.
Tax Planning and Advisory
1. Liaise with Government authorities especially URA on issues affecting the industry including reviewing communication to Government on developments in the industry like acquisitions and disposals. Tax lobbying.
2. Propose and communicate required amendments to the tax laws.
3. Participate and liaise with Joint Venture tax workgroup on issues affecting the industry.
4. Work with DF/FISC at group HQ to provide support needed for strategic tax planning for the affiliate.
5. Analyze tax changes that affect the business and their impact. This involves researching, analyzing and interpreting changing tax legislation.
Tax and Cost Recovery Audits
1. Coordinate tax and cost recovery audits by the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) and Office of the Auditor General (OAG) respectively, interface between auditors and company personnel with a view to resolving audit findings.
2. Follow up on litigation matters arising out of disputes from audit findings. Liaise with Legal department on the litigation matters.
1. Bachelors degree in any of the business disciplines. Accounting professional qualification. Masters is an added advantage.
2. Minimum 12 years experience in tax consulting and/or tax administration and/or tax compliance role in a multinational. Managerial experience is a must.
3. A sense of service/orientation to customers/clients.
4. Good communication, planning, interpersonal and analytical skills, and ability to work in a team.
5. Ability to explain complex issues. SW tools
Interested and Qualified, Click Apply
To apply for this job please visit krb-sjobs.brassring.com.