Mountains of the Moon University (MMU)
Mountains of the Moon University (MMU) is a Public University established under Statutory Instrument, Number 2 of 2022, hence a body corporate with perpetual succession and a Common Seal.
First established as a Private University in 2005, by the National Council for Higher Education (NCHE), in accordance with the Universities and Other Tertiary Institutions Act 2001, as amended, MMU has been making strides toward becoming an academic Centre of excellence.
To consolidate its desire for academic excellence, MMU hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and skilled candidates for the following positions: –
JOB TITLE: DEPUTY UNIVERSITY SECRETARY
Salary Scale: M4
Responsible to: University Secretary
Terms of Employment: Five-Year Contract
Ref. No.: EXT AD/APP/002/01/03 No. of Posts: 1
Purpose of the job
To assist the University Secretary in the general administration of the University and ensuring efficient and effective management of the University Council and its Committees.
- Assisting the University Secretary in the general administration of the University,
- Ensuring proper interpretation and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Monitoring the data status of the staffing establishment and ensuring that it is up to up-to-date.
- Assisting the University Secretary in the provision of secretarial services to Council and its Committees.
- Assisting the University Secretary in preparing and issuing circulars on regulations governing employment at the University.
- Assisting the University Secretary in ensuring periodic review of policies, regulations, and the terms and conditions of service.
- Supervising Staff, assessing their performance, and identifying training needs, so as to make appropriate recommendations for training.
Should have a minimum of;
- Bachelor’s degree in either Business Management, Public Administration, Education Management, Economics, or Human Resource Management.
- A Master’s degree in either Business Management, Public Administration, Education Management, Economics, or Human Resource Management.
- Should have at least six (6) years’ experience of which three (3) should have been at senior level in administration in a reputable institution.
- Should have leadership, communication, public relations, and negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills.
- Proven record of high integrity and level of ethical standards.
- A certificate in Administrative Law is an added advantage.
- Up-to-date staffing and establishment data.
- Well recorded minutes of the University Council and Committees meetings.
- Draft circulars on regulations governing employment at the University prepared.
- Periodic review of policies, regulations, and terms & conditions of service undertaken.
- Performance assessment conducted by 31st July and performance plans agreed with Staff by 31st August every year.
Interested and eligible candidates MUST ELECTRONICALLY submit on e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org as one attachment in PDF the following: –
- Application letter.
- A detailed up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV) containing names and contacts of three (3) credible referees.
- Certified copies of the relevant academic/professional Transcripts and Certificates.
- Copy of a valid National Identity Card.
- Details of the physical address, telephone contact, and email address.
- Any other relevant documentation to support the application.
The application should be addressed to: –
The University Secretary
Mountains of the Moon University P. O. Box 837, Fort Portal Uganda Fort-Portal, Lake Saaka Campus, Block C, Room 03.
The deadline for receiving the application is by 5:00 p.m. on Friday 17th February 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com