Changing rainfall patterns are devastating the lives of African farmers. Even worse, to survive droughts, farmers often turn to deforestation to feed their families. Kijani partners with farmers to plant millions of trees to provide sustainable livelihoods and reverse deforestation. We plant trees to break the cycle of climate-induced poverty in Africa.
Kijani is seeking a mission-aligned Director of Finance to join this exponentially-growing company committed to reshaping the future of Africa. You will be the right candidate for this position if you embody the below characteristics and are ready to bring a level of excellence to the company as we grow. You will be an ambitious, intelligent self-starter who is detail oriented and desires to grow alongside Kijani.
- Caring: We empathize with and consider the needs of others. We conduct business with compassion.
- Passionate: We are enthusiastically committed to the vision of positively impacting people’s lives through planting trees.
- Innovative: We are willing to take big, bold, calculated risks to address the scale of problem we’re solving. We remain open to consider new and novel solutions.
- Listen: We take time to listen and understand before decisions are made.
- Improve: We are never satisfied with the status quo, and continuously look for how to get better.
- Keep our word: We do what we say, and refuse to make promises that we cannot fulfill.
Education and Experience
- Candidates with bachelor’s degree – 5+ years of experience in finance is required
- Candidates with master’s or above – 3+ years of experience in finances is required
- Desired experience will be in finance for a for-profit, international corporation
- Experience will be more highly weighted than education, but a minimum of bachelor’s degree
Compensation & Timeline
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- Salary will be offered based on experience
- Relocation allowance provided if living outside of Uganda
- Compensation will include significant vested stock options with dividends paid out from profit share
- Bonuses based on job performance
- Position desired start in Q1 of 2023
Role Requirements and Responsibilities
- Located at our headquarters in Gulu, Uganda for a minimum of 2 years
- Traveling throughout Africa to Kijani’s operating countries will be expected
- Required Education: A minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Prepare and oversee budgets from all department heads and business divisions
- Oversee the financial planning and analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for the company
- Lead and mentor a team of finance professionals
- Training of new accounting and finance staff members
- Develop and refine financial policies for evolving operations
- Perform regular cash audits of Kijani’s books
- Coordinate with tax accountants and attorneys to ensure tax compliance and complete audits
- Keep the company up to date with all relevant tax laws
- Research and implement any required software needs for accounting compliance
- Assist with any due diligence requirements for external parties
If you feel that you are a qualified and passionate candidate, please apply here: https://airtable.com/shruMOXhhmVLtGOdR, or send your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org