Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company HSE standards while demonstrating personal commitment to the HSE Policy and Promote the waste management “5 R principles” hierarchy, i.e.: Reduce, Recover, Reuse, Recycle, Residue disposal.
2. Actively participate in Company Safety awareness and initiative schemes and evaluate risks at the appropriate level and take considered and measured risks only.
3. Openly question established practices and achieve continuous quality and cost optimization improvements and actively identify best practice (industry, technical, professional, etc.) and encourage an environment in which this is willingly and openly shared.
4. Plan & coordinate all warehouse & Base operations & services to ensure a high level of efficiency, whilst maintaining best safety practice.
5. Maintain an operating strategy to ensure both cost effectiveness and flexibility to cater for varying operational workloads & challenges.
6. Host daily operations meeting / toolbox talks ensure cost control efficiency for shipment “deadlines” for rental returns.
7. Ensure contracted services are managed to provide Affiliate with a competent and capable workforce/service and perform Service Quality Meetings (SQM).
8. Demonstrate an authoritative role by independently making decisions and supervising site personnel, only referring when necessary. Take the initiative in promoting new ideas, tackling relevant issues and adding value wherever possible.
9. Enhance communication with all Affiliate entities (Field Operations, Drilling & Completion, Projects, Contracts & Procurement, Finance, etc.) and with Line Manager, to reach an efficient supply process in line with the “On time, in full” principle.
10. Be conversant/comply with Uganda Legislation, Company Rules, Procedures, and Instructions. Ensure full compliance with SOX standards with respect to system security & reporting.
11. Ensure that the Company Management System, in relation to Warehouse and Base functions, is adequately implemented to maintain safety and security for both personnel & sites.
12. Ensure procedures are regularly kept up to date, understood, implemented, and adhered to, in order to ensure statutory and company requirements are met
13. Ensure line management are kept informed on relevant issues which could affect safety, operational and commercial aspects of the operations, maintain records and statistics to ensure accurate reporting, follow up KPI and CPI related to the logistic base operations.
14. Optimize the resources and operations in line with the 3C principles and LEAN methodology.
15. Maintain and demonstrate own competency through LSO CAP (Competency Assessment Program).
16. Prepare annual budget to adhere to agreed activity profile.
17. Ensure regular monitoring and reconciliation of all physical stock held at Company sites.
18. Liaise with Affiliate entities (Field Operations, Drilling and Completion, Projects, etc.), in particular the Technical Administrators (TADM), for the management of surplus stock, approving operations for disposal activities including actions for the reduction of stock.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent.
2. Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in Logistics Base management level within depth knowledge of onshore project Logistics Management in a very busy and demanding environment in Oil and Gas industry and major offshore projects/fields.
3. Hands on experience in onshore Health, Safety & Environment operations in complex and major Oil and Gas operations with ability to work under pressure and stressing conditions, ability to adapt, analyze problems and communicate with all entities, flexible and able to write Standing Instructions and Procedures.
4. Knowledge and experience in ERP systems including SAP and database management including MS access, word, project, excel.
Job application process
Interested and Qualified, Click here to Apply