Windle International Uganda (WIU) is an International Non-Governmental Organization managing Education programmes in refugee settlements in Uganda. WIU is the lead agency for education in 9 out of the 12 settlements, although we operate in all 12 settlements including Kampala.
Windle empowers refugees and people affected by conflict to achieve their academic potential and contribute to sustainable development by providing education and training opportunities. Our mandate is to expand access to, and improve the quality of education and training for refugees and communities affected by conflict, neglect or discrimination. We work in close collaboration with Government of Uganda through the Office of the Prime Minister.
In partnership with UNHCR, WIU Imvepi Refugee Settlement field office seeks to recruit suitable persons to fill the positions of Secondary Trained Teacher, Secondary Deputy Head Teacher, Primary Deputy Head Teacher, Primary Trained Teacher, Teaching Assistant, ECD Care Givers & School Guard, to work in Imvepi Refugee Settlement – Terego District.
6. Job title: ECD Caregiver
Reports to: Head Caregiver
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare lesson plans, schemes of work and conducts lessons.
• Assess learners regularly.
• Implore ECD parenting skills to take care of children in his/ her care
• Submit Termly, Monthly and weekly reports as and when required
• Any other duty as assigned by the relevant authority.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Must have a certificate in nursery teaching or training in early childhood development
• Credit in English and Mathematics will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of local languages of refugee children in the settlement; Kakwa, Arabic, Lugbara, or Alur.
• Professional teaching experience is an added advantage
• Ability to understand the different needs of children
• Letter of recommendation from refugee welfare council (RWC) is a must for refugee applicants
• Must be aged between 25-40years.
Job application procedure
All interested applicants should submit their hand-written applications including detailed and up-todate typed curriculum Vitae, photocopies of all their academic and professional documents, photocopy of national ID or refugee attestation, Letter of recommendation detailing good conduct (no criminal activity including protection violations) from former employer or LC authority or RWC and the contact details of three professional referees addressed to:
The Human Resource Administrator
Windle International Uganda Imvepi Refugee Settlement
All Applications should be hand delivered to Windle International Uganda, Imvepi Refugee Base Camp or Arua Regional Office (Ociba road next to Hotel Arua) between (8:00 am- 5:00 pm; Monday to Friday).
Closing Date: All applications should be received not later than Monday, 03rd April, 2023 by 5pm.
Applicants must have no history of violation of children’s rights or of Child abuse and sexual exploitation of any kind
Windle International Uganda is an equal opportunity and a corruption intolerant employer. Women and persons with disability who meet the job requirements are encouraged to apply.
No fee is charged at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications will be assessed strictly on individual merit
No canvassing or lobbying will be tolerated. Individuals found to have done so will be disqualified and blacklisted.
Whereas we actively welcome all applications; however, only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for interviews.