Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Generic Roles and responsibilities
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
- Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Monitor and report on the assigned project activities and ensure compliance with implementation plans and NRC standards.
- Work with the key education stakeholders in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the project activities
- Ensure accurate distribution and monitor the use of school materials supplied under the assigned project.
- Provide support supervision to teachers and lead teachers in their work.
- Report all protection related concerns raised during the project implementation period.
- Support accurate data collection as required by the project design tools (Results Framework)
- Prepare/ review field activity implementation reports ensuring their accuracy and precision.
- Provide on-site support supervision and feedback to AEP teachers, lead teachers and head teachers.
- Ensure community participation, contribution and ownership in the AEP program and the catch-up approaches to lost learning.
- Mentor project staff under your supervision for improved performance.
- Conduct home visits to AEP learners and take part in discussing issues that may affect their achievement of learning outcomes.
- Liaise with community leaders to ensure that out of schoolchildren benefit from AEP interventions and lost learning catchup programs.
- Identify community concerns that hinder the enrolment, retention, and completion of children, and recommend measures to address them.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports on activities conducted under the assigned project.
- Monitor regularly all the AEP centers/schools under the assigned project.
- Assist in updating AEP learners’, and teachers’ database.
- Participate in relevant meetings including coordination meetings with other education partners at field level as may be guided by the line manager.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the line manager.
Desired professional competencies, knowledge, and behavioral skills.
- Experience from working with education projects in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience of working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge of English
- Knowledge of the local context and education systems in Uganda
- Knowledge of the school/ MoES catch up approaches to lost learning due to covid- 19 school closure.
- Ability to work harmoniously with other staff, stakeholders, refugees, and host communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in education
- Registered with Ministry of Education and Sports and in possession of Registration Certificate
- Teaching experience of four years and above, with at least three years’ experience in implementing Education projects with INGOs
3. Behavioral competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
4. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
• The Job Description
• The Work and Development Plan
• The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
• The End-term Performance Review Template
• The NRC Competency Framework
- Application is online only; Qualified Uganda Nationals only
- submit application, detailed curriculum vitae and academic documents as a single PDF document by 21st Feb 2023
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis;
- NRC does not at any stage of the recruitment process request candidates to make payments of any kind. Further, NRC has not retained any agent to conduct recruitments on behalf of the organization.
- NRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified Female Candidates are encouraged to Apply
To apply for this job please visit ekum.fa.em2.oraclecloud.com.