Uses asset finance, technology, and a customer-centric model to help informal sector entrepreneurs dramatically increase their economic trajectory. Tugende’s core asset finance packages include medical and life insurance, training, safety equipment and digital credit profiles in addition to affordable asset financing for SMEs. By helping clients grow economically and build digital track records of responsibility, we are creating a long-term ecosystem for MSMEs to grow and thrive.
Tugende is tackling the credit gap for small businesses in Africa by enabling informal entrepreneurs to: 1) own income‑generating assets, 2) build a verifiable digital credit profile, and 3) earn future growth opportunities through the Tugende digital platform. This platform includes discounts, smartphones, e‑commerce opportunities, and on‑demand credit lines. Tugende has financed 52,000+ productive asset leases valued at over USD 35 million. The company has 450+ employees serving clients across 23 branches in Uganda and 6 in Kenya. Tugende is growing into new geographies and asset product lines including boat engines for fishermen and fridges for retail shops and agricultural equipment for farmers.
About the role
This position will play an integral role in the operations of Tugende. The Field Intelligence Supervisor will serve as the main point of contact between Tugende and clients who have any asset security issues. The goal is to help Tugende in maintaining excellent working conditions by keeping our assets and our customers safe and problem-free.
The position involves creating a secure work environment for our staff and customers. As a Field Intelligence Supervisor, you will be responsible for minimizing theft, vandalism and any other suspicious or criminal behaviour, working closely with relevant law enforcement authorities. You will also be a key point of contact for customers who have security challenges. Respect, customer dignity and professionalism are key attributes for this job.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure all client security issues are dealt with integrity and in a timely manner.
• Support the field team in coordinating Collection and Recovery operations
• Ensure all field operations conducted by the Account Managers are managed effectively, with safety & care
• Coordinate all security-related measures for Tugende, including making reports and follow-ups with police and other relevant authorities
• Maintain proper record keeping and timely reporting on any security and safety threats to the company
• Ensure safe custody of all company property/assets at all times
• Advise the company on all security-related matters both internally and externally as well as participate in taking corrective/preventive actions on such matters
• Supervise the day and night time security guards
Preferred Skills, knowledge & abilities
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Ability to quickly analyze information and make informed decisions
• Good risk assessment skills
• Ability to build strong professional networks
• Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Strong emotional intelligence
• Motorcycle riding proficiency with the willingness to quickly develop into expert status
• Proficiency in multiple local languages will be an added advantage
• Computer literate with the ability to use MS Office and Google Suite
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• A diploma preferable in any business-related field from a reputable institution of learning
• Relevant training in security from a recognized institution
• 2 years’ work experience as a Security Officer in a reputable organization.
• Good customer experience and ability to deal with difficult clients
• Hold values similar to our own: Integrity, Empathy, Teamwork, Solutions Oriented and Always growing.
• Confidentiality: Able to handle sensitive information professionally and confidentially
• Positive Attitude: maintain a mindset of “getting things done” and finding satisfaction in developing sustainable long-term solutions at all times
• Flexible and resilient: Willingness to travel, flexible in schedule and work hours, seek direct feedback and see every challenge as an opportunity to grow.
What will you gain?
• Career Trajectory: This is a role with significant potential to grow as the company and Operations function grow. The person doing this job can be promoted to Head of Security.
• Hours and compensation: This position is for a full-time employee who can take on additional responsibilities as new tasks and projects come up.
• Meaningful Work: Tugende’s work gives entrepreneurs the tools to earn a living for themselves and their families by taking on the responsibility of financing significant assets and earning a livable wage. Help be part of this mission!
• Great Team: Tugende has a smart, fun, and growing team of 450+ Employees. We take our work seriously, but love to joke and have fun. We regularly have fully-paid, voluntary team outings, as well as fun parties for our clients. Our headquarters are in Kampala, and we also have offices in Eastern and Western Uganda.
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified click here to apply