Aga Khan University ( AKU )
AGA KHAN UNIVERSITY
Finance Coordinator, Uganda
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous, and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents. (www.aku.edu). An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact, and access.
AKU invites applications for the position of Finance Coordinator, to be based at the Aga Khan University Kampala, Uganda.
Reporting to the Head of Finance Uganda, the Finance Coordinator will oversee the accounting, monitoring, and implementation of internal controls for AKU in Uganda to ensure the integrity of all financial records and credibility of information to enable budget and planning to generate key reports for management’s decision making. In addition, s/he will develop medium to long-term financing and cash management strategies in line with the organization’s overall goals and objectives.
- Review of payments to staff and suppliers including review of student aging reports and follow-up of students and other debts.
- Review of fixed assets schedules and depreciation including leading the assets verifications exercises.
- Review of VAT claims and submission of statutory returns to ensure tax compliance and risk assessment and mitigation of the finance environment.
- Negotiating with insurance companies for coverage of AKU assets including medical and life insurance covers.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly management
- Reports and monthly closing of financial books. Preparation of annual statutory financial statements and updating IFRS 16 and IFRS 9 models.
- Ensuring compliance to IFRS in Uganda.
Budget and Planning:
- Supporting the preparation of the annual budget for the academic programmes in Uganda including construction Preparation and review of grant budgets
- Supporting the entity head in monitoring the budget by reviewing requisitions
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reports.
- Other accounting related work that may be assigned and required from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or accounting/Finance
- Masters’ degree in a Business related field/Finance is an added advantage
- Qualifications in ACCA/CPA finalist or equivalent
- Over 5 years of continuous professional experience in Finance and Accounting. Project Management will be an added advantage.
- Excellent computer accounting skills
- Excellent understanding and application of International Accounting standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player and high Integrity
- High self-drive and ability to work under pressure
- Solution oriented with good problem-solving skills
Candidates meeting the above requirements are invited to email their application, curriculum vitae, names of three referees and copies of certificates & testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us not later than 20th January 2023.
Please quote the position title on the email subject.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com