Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Lt
Deadline of this Job:
07 October 2022
Within Uganda , Kampala
- To be the geological focal point within a multi- disciplinary subsurface team, responsible for comprehensive analysis and interpretation of geoscience data to generate economically justified investment opportunities for the company.
1.3 Essential Duties
- Monitor the acquisition of geoscience data to ensure quality.
- Interpret and evaluate geological data to determine subsurface geology, resource base.
- 3. Participate in the definition and evaluation of proposals for field development.
- 4. Provide reservoir geology input to support estimation of petroleum resources/Reserves and classify the company’s resource portfolio with prudent classification frameworks.
- 5. Provide geological input for supporting the identification of drilling targets while working in collaboration with the drilling Engineers.
- 6. Provide geological input and participate in the development of geological reservoir models to understand structure, reservoir characterization and petroleum quality and quantity.
- 7. Evaluate geological work programs from partners and participate in joint venture activities for jointly operated assets.
- 8. Provide geological input to support development of well proposals in conjunction with a multidisciplinary geoscience team.
- 9. Provide reservoir geology input to support the development of reservoir management and surveillance programs and identify further opportunities in fields on production.
- 10. Assist in the development of operational procedures for E&P operations.
- 11. Supervise and develop staff in the unit
- 12. Any other duties as may be assigned.
1.4 Qualification, Experience and Attributes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Petroleum Geosciences or other relevant degree
- Master’s Degree in Petroleum Geosciences will be an added advantage
- Minimum 6 years’ experience as a geoscientist in the upstream petroleum projects.
- Be skilled in integrated reservoir modelling. Have knowledge of development and production operations, Health & Safety standards and operational procedures.
- d) Hands-on experience in geologic analysis and integration software suites, such as PETREL
- e) Strong communication, quantitative skills and detailed oriented
- f) Ability to work in a dynamic, evolving, energetic, fast-paced work environment.
- g) Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple demands that may be non-
- h) Ability to work with a team and should have for fieldwork
- Analytical writing skills to draft quality briefing notes, research notes and reports.
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
UNOC will ONLY consider online applications submitted through her website on the careers
portal at https://www.unoc.co.ug/career-opportunities/
All applications should be submitted not later than Friday 7th October 2022 by 17:00
hours (5:00pm EAT).
- Applicants are required to scan and attach CERTIFIED copies of the required academic documents e.g. Degree, Transcript, Diploma, A-level and O-level certificates
- Applications without Certified academic documents will not be considered.
- Attach a copy of the Curriculum Vitae
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
- Please forward any inquiries regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org
- call telephone number +256 312 444 600.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com