The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Job Opening: Grants Officer (1)
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Grants Officer. The successful candidate will report to the Senior Grants Manager. The position will be based in Kampala.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Be updated on donor priorities and track and share relevant funding opportunity announcements in line with IDRC objectives
- Support proposal writing teams by developing proposal checklists and timelines, compiling the required support documents, and ensuring timely submission of proposals
- Develop budgets and budget justifications for new and continuing projects
- File all documents such as proposals, award letters and donor correspondences associated with projects
- Ensure compliance with funding agency terms and conditions
- Provide orientation on grant agreement terms and conditions for new projects and provide ongoing support to project teams in the interpretation of unclear terms and conditions.
- Track budgets of assigned projects and share periodic budget status reports with budget holders
- Initiate close-out of assigned projects
- Participate in relevant project meetings and provide the required grants management updates
- Update the grants database and include submitted grants, work-in-progress proposals, and closed-out projects.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications and Other Desirables for The Job
- Bachelors’ degree in a financial discipline e.g., B. Com, BBA, Finance, OR its equivalent from a well-recognized University.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Good personal organizational skills including time management, ability to meet deadlines and to work under pressure
- Excellent presentation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
How to apply:
Submit your applications using this link: http://idrc–uganda.org/careers.html
Additional Important Comments:
- All applications must be submitted on or before Friday, 20th January 2023 at 5:00pm.
- Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
- Applications cannot be amended following submission.
- Only Shortlisted Candidates Will Be Contacted Further.
To apply for this job please visit idrc-uganda.org.