Diamond Trust Bank Uganda
Information Systems Auditor
To perform information systems audits throughout the Bank’s IS Infrastructure Systems and Business Applications including audits of complex computer applications and technological solutions in accordance with the existing lAD Work plan and professional standards on IS auditing, Internal Audit Methodology, processes, procedures and timeframes.
- Perform Information Systems audits, both technical and operational, in line with Internal Audit Methodology, processes, procedures and timeframes.
- Prepare timely audit reports detailing audit findings and recommendations for improvements on procedures and internal controls.
- Discuss and agree the accuracy of audit observations with auditees & Manager Information System Audit.
- To ensure completeness of any audit assignments as delegated from time to time, including the management of the filing and maintaining of adequate audit trail in the working papers file.
- Follow up of recommendations made by external auditors and central bank inspectors to ensure due implementations by management.
- Build good working relationships with auditees.
- Review of installations and services to determine the adequacy of logical and physical security controls, operational, change control, back-up and disaster recovery procedures and business continuity management;
- Promote efficient practices by recommending improvements in processing capability, user interface, and Security designs to ensure that the bank has adequate technology and system controls to meet business objectives and customer needs.
- Providing support for data analysis and extraction through computer assisted audit techniques.
- Develop and maintain the skills, knowledge and expertise to make valuable contribution to the Internal Audit team.
- Any other job as may be delegated or assigned by the Manager Information system Audit from time to time.
Qualifications, Knowledge, experience, and personal competencies:
Qualification & experience
- Relevant professional experience, preferably BSc. Computer Science or IT related degree.
- IT audit or security related qualification (CISA, CISM, CISSP, CRISC etc.).
- IT audit work experience or substantial experience from IT Operations Support or IT Development function.
- A minimum of 2 years of practical IT audit experience in a commercial banking environment or a large organization.
- Experience in auditing operating systems, firewall etc.
- A structured approach to dealing with complex and variable work environments in an independent manner.
- Ability to balance opposing business requirements.
- Ability to balance long term and short term requirements independently
- Strong evaluation, communication and reporting skills
- Strong interviewing, negotiating and presentation skills.
- Able to provide advice and cause/effect evaluation to support business decision making
- Independent and logical thinker, yet an achiever and implementer
- Leads by example
- Good at managing large volumes of information and can add value through management reporting
- Builds relationships and networks easily
- Has a strong service ethic
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 20th January 2023.
DTB is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com