DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for an energetic and motivated Programme Development & Grants Coordinator (PDGC) PDGC to spearhead DCAs resource mobilization efforts and secure timely and efficient grant management for our programme in Uganda. The PDGC works closely with DCA colleagues and partners and refers to the Country Director. The position is a 2-year Junior Professional Officer (JPO) position with possibility of extension. Duty station is Kampala (80-90%) with travels within Uganda.
Who are we?
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a faith-based Danish globally operating INGO. We have supported the most vulnerable communities in Ugandan since 1979. Our programme here is built around three objectives:
- Building resilient communities, where our focus is on food security and livelihoods, which among other activities addresses climate adaptation and mitigation, support to markets, securing value chains and offering training to farmers and youth.
- Fighting Extreme Equality where we have emphasis on public accountability and business and human rights.
- Saving Lives where we work with a Nexus approach, supporting both refugees and host communities with cash interventions, livelihoods and marked building, private sector engagement, vocational training and environment and energy.
DCA has a strong focus on innovative solutions and youth, and we have a gender-inclusive rights-based approach. DCA works with and has a strong focus on capacity development of both faith-based as well as secular partners and we also implement activities ourselves. The DCA Uganda team consists of 75+ staff, our yearly budget is approx. 6.5 million USD, and our main area of operation is in the Northern part of Uganda.
What do we offer?
The main purpose of the PDGC is to plan, coordinate and ensure quality and timeliness in all grants and fundraising processes of DCA’s Country Office in Uganda. The PDGC is the focal point and key person responsible for 1) coordinating timely proposal development – together with partner organisations, other INGO staff and DCA colleagues – ensuring that proposals are of high quality and meet donor requirements, 2) ensuring appropriate grants management of international funded projects, 3) assisting in building relations and increase visibility of DCA among both donors, private sector, partners, INGOs and other key stakeholders, 4) ensuring that all funded projects meet the visibility and communication requirements of the funding agency and 5) securing constructive and close collaboration with relevant units and colleagues in DCA, both in Uganda and in DCA in Copenhagen. Finally, the PDGC builds the competence of DCA staff and partners to do fundraising from international as well as country-based donors.
What do we expect?
- A university degree in international development or other related sciences as well as minimum 2 years working experience, preferably internationally.
- Documented successful experience in coordinating proposal development and writing, incl. excellent English writing skills.
- Knowledge of grant management of international donors including EU, ECHO, UNHCR , Danida and other institutional donors. Knowledge of and experience in working with the partners and the private sector.
- Enjoys and is good at liaison, building relations and networking.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with experience in engaging with people of different cultures and backgrounds.
- Flexible, pro-active, self-motivated and good at coordinating and organizing own work as well as that of the team, while managing several processes at a time. This should be combined with a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of DCA’s programmatic areas is an advantage.
Please note, that since this is a junior position applicants should not have more than 4 years of resource mobilization and grant management experience.
How to apply
Please apply as soon as possible- through DCA’s online e-recruiting system. The application deadline is 23:59 on 23 April 2023. A written test will be organized for shortlisted individuals for 2.5 hours on 25-26 April; and the first interview will take place 27-28 April.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Women and minorities are particularly encouraged to apply. Only online applications consisting as a minimum of a CV and a cover letter will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If the candidate is a Ugandan national, salary and conditions will be in accordance with DCA’s Terms of Employment for national employees. A competitive package for salary, allowances and benefits is offered.
If the candidate is international, salary and conditions will be according with Terms of Employment for International employees. A competitive package for salary, allowances and benefits is offered.
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Code of Conduct, Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.
What DCA offers
The position is a 2-year “Junior Professional Officer” position with possibility of extension, with a 3 month’ probation period. Terms and conditions are according to DCA’s relevant Handbook For internationals it includes international insurance and flight to/from home country to Uganda. Starting date: as soon as possible, preferably before 1 June 2023.
DanChurchAid is a faith-based, non-missionary relief and development organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark, and founded in 1922. Our key competencies are food security and food crisis response, humanitarian cash transfer programming, civil society development and humanitarian mine action. DCA is a member of the ACT Alliance, which is a faith-based, non-missionary humanitarian alliance, and one of the five largest NGO Alliances in the world with a combined turnover of over 1.5 billion USD annually. For more on DCA, please be referred to www.danchurchaid.org.