Work as a member of the lab team to support Lab related health system strengthening support. Work with the team to perform different laboratory tests to inform diagnosis of different diseases and monitoring of disease progression among clients in line with the National Health Laboratory Strategic plan/policy and Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GLCP)
- Perform Quality assurance procedures including daily quality control, monthly comparability tests and quarterly proficiency testing on the various tests offered at the facility in line with the laboratory quality manual and MoH Laboratory Quality Improvement Program guidelines.
- Study and implement periodic recommendations in regard to MoH laboratory accreditation processes in supported regional laboratory hubs of operation and in health facilities to enhance proper functioning of the laboratory in liaison with other regional laboratory staff in line with the WHO AFRO SLMTA /SLIPTA accreditation standards.
- Implement Biosafety and waste management procedures to maintain healthy, hygienic and safety aspects and work place needs routinely in line with MoH Biosafety and Health Care Waste management guidelines
- Perform specimen collection from HF patients, referral of specimens (CD4, DBS, sputum, serology and chemistry samples) and reception of referred specimens including verification and documentation/ accessioning of specimens within realistic Turn Around Times in line with GLCP.
- Conduct regular periodic maintenance procedures for laboratory equipment/machines/their parts as per available service schedules as well routinely monitor equipment and environmental temperatures in line with GLCP, MoH SOPs and equipment manuals.
- Conduct forecasts of laboratory reagents and supplies, make monthly requisitions for the required inventory from HF main store and manage the laboratory store as well as distribute reagents and supplies to testing points in line with HF store management procedures.
- Proficiently Perform sample processing, testing and analysis using MoH/ facility laboratory SOP’s and automated instrumentation where applicable for respective assays while ensuring proper documentation and timely dissemination of results in line with GCLP practices.
- Provide technical support as a member of the laboratory Technical Assistance Team to staff conducting RCT at various testing points through staff development, joint agreement and performance assessment/feedback on quality improvement interventions as per identified gaps to improve delivery of laboratory services.
- Generate and timely forward copies of weekly, monthly and quarterly laboratory reports as per set HF laboratory targets to supervisors, the regional laboratory coordinator and the district lab focal personnel in line with expected MoH and IDI reporting Guidelines
- Oversee Hub operations, sample transportation and result transmission systems under the supported field office.
- Support processes geared towards accreditation of laboratories in the supported districts
- A Diploma in Medical laboratory technology with at least 2 years of laboratory work experience.
- Active registration with Allied Health Professional Council
- Possess key personal competences in customer care principles, Team, supervisory and analytical skills as well as networking and communication skills.
- Documentation, reporting, presentation and training skills as well as proficient use of automated laboratory instrumentation skills will be added advantage.
- Should have knowledge in laboratory CQI
- Willingness to work and live in rural areas is required
APPLY FOR THIS JOB >>>