Overall job purpose
To achieve agreed sales targets in line with the business objectives through pro-active selling of Banks consumer lending/ Retail asset and liability products.
The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new and existing customers where they are expected to grow the respective branch asset and liability book.
Sales to Retail customers with operational rigor and compliance with KYC requirements: (90%)
1. Deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross selling of Banks consumer lending products to meet set sales targets.
2. Provide direct hands on sales support (quality lead generation and effective follow up) to generate and convert quality leads into sales.
3. Submit and check correctness of the completed application forms of different products in line with Bank policies and requirements to line manager for review
4. Comply with general Operational risk & Rigor requirements e.g., Health & Safety standards and security of premises, KYC, and anti-money laundering regulations
Customer Service (5) %
1. Provide excellent timely customer service in line with Absa values and policies
2. Resolve customer queries, complaints and process their applications within the bank s service level agreements. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in a short period of time to the Line Manager.
3. Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and the KYC Helpdesk, credit unit) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries, complaints, and submitted product applications
Technical Experience and Capability (5) %
1. Pursue continued improvement in personal development by participating in learning and development trainings assigned
2. Agree annual performance objectives with the line manager, including specific sales targets.
Competitor product sales experience Role/Person specification
Education and experience required
1. First degree or diploma or relevant experience in a front-line banking sales/marketing/service environment.
2. Role requires pro-active sales generation, and the role holder will be required to spend a lot of time in the field making sales pitches to potential customers
Competitor product sales experience
Knowledge & Expertise:
1. Education and Experience Required
2. Based on market / country requirements
3. Minimum of diploma OR equivalent
4. Experience of competitor products sales advantage
5. Communication and Interaction required:
6. Staff in own area (manager, subordinates, colleagues)
7. Staff outside own area
8. Internal customers (other than staff in own area)
9. External Customers
10. Knowledge & Skills: (Maximum of 6)
11. Basic knowledge of the banks products and services advantage
12. Basic understanding of how the Bank operates advantage
13. Knowledge of local banking policies and laws
1. Outstanding relationship and interpersonal skills
2. Strong selling and negotiation Skills
3. Strong Presentation Skills
4. Problem solving Skills
5. Team Skills
6. Communications Skills
7. sales focus
1. Basic Legal and credit skills.
2. Thorough understanding of the financial services industry.
3. Proven sales track record in financial services or related industry.
4. Competitor product sales experience
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
Interested and Qualified, Click hre to Apply == https://absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/ABSAcareersite/job/Kampala/Lead-Generator_R-15944771?q=Uganda
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.