DEADLINE: Friday, May 5, 2023 at 12:00:00 AM
JOB LOCATION: Soroti
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To conduct high-quality research and teach undergraduate students as appropriate.
1. A Masters Degree and PhD in Electrical Machines or Power Engineering or related field from a recognized Institution/ University.
2. Bachelors Degree with at least Second-Class Honours Upper Division in Electrical and Electronics Engineering OR Electrical Engineering OR in related field from a recognized Institution/University.
3. Should have excellent interpersonal and effective communication skills.
4. Should have proven ability to conduct scholarly research.
5. Should be computer literate.
6. Should have the ability to work in a team and create network among colleagues.
7. Teaching experience gained from a recognized institution of higher learning will be an added advantage.
8. Should have a good track record of service to the public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To prepare and conduct lectures to undergraduate and postgraduate students using innovative approaches which include e-learning.
a) To guide and advise students on their academic performance and attending to their queries on academic issues.
b) To participate in the supervision of practicals.
c) To conduct research in areas of specialization and disseminate the research findings.
d) To supervise and mentor undergraduate and postgraduate students undertaking research projects.
e) To organize, attend and conduct seminars and relevant training.
f) To set tests, examinations and course work according to University standards and policies.
g) To mark tests and examinations scripts according to approved grading standards of the University.
h) To contribute to the University and wider society through community service.
(i) Lectures to undergraduate and postgraduate students conducted.
(ii) Students guided and advised on their academic performance.
(iii) Practicals for students supervised.
(iv) Research in areas of specialization among the communities and conducted and disseminated.
(v) Students undertaking research supervised and mentored.
(vi) Seminars and relevant training organized, conducted and attended.
(vii) Tests, examinations and course works set.
(viii) Tests and examinations scripts marked and results compiled.
(ix) Community service to the University and wider society carried out
Interested persons who meet the minimum requirements should submit six (6) copies of their applications together with the following:
i) Detailed and up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
ii) Certified copies of the Academic transcripts and certificates.
iii) Copies of academic and professional qualifications.
iv) Names, addresses, telephone contacts and e-mail addresses of three referees who should be advised to send reference letters directly to the Office of the University under confidential cover.
v) Copies of birth certificates or relevant pages of passports and or National Identity Card indicating the applicants date of birth.
(C) Sealed applications should be hand delivered to the Office of the University Secretary, 2nd floor, room 208, or posted to the address below or sent in one (1) PDF file by e-mail to email@example.com not later than 5th May 2023 by 5.00pm East African Time. All applications should provide names, addresses, telephone contacts and e-mail addresses of three referees one of whom should be the previous or current employer or supervisor.
(D) Applications should be addressed to:
S O R O T I U N I V E R S I T Y
OFFICE OF THE UNIVERSI TY SECRETAR Y
The University Secretary
P.O. Box 211
A detailed job advert and description is available on Soroti University website www.sun.ac.ug
1) Late applications will not be accepted.
2) Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
Follow This Link To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com