Years Of Experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Job Reference: Muni. ADVERT MU/ACD/1.2/2023
JOB TITLE: Lecturer in Physics
Number of Vacancies (1 Post)
Salary Scale: (M6.1)
Responsible to: Head of Department
Terms of employment: Permanent and subject to six (6) months probation where applicable
Purpose of the Job
To conduct lectures to undergraduate and postgraduate students in relevant subjects; and maintain academic excellence through well researched and prepared lectures as well as conducting research.
Prepare lectures and conduct lectures to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Conduct researches and disseminate research findings.
Supervise students undertaking research.
To set tests and examinations, moderate examinations questions, Mark scripts, enter the results in the system, submit marked scripts to the department and attend to examiners and Board meetings.
Administer and invigilate tests, course works, and examinations according to University standards.
Mark tests and examinations scripts and compile results according to approved grading standards of the University.
Writes competitive fundable research grants.
Mentor Junior staffs in areas of academic practice.
Participates in curriculum review.
Attend to students inquiries on academic issues.
Conducting research and community outreach activities.
To carry out administrative duties in the departments as directed by the Head of Department.
Lectures planned, prepared, and delivered according to the time table.
Fundable research proposals prepared and submitted.
Research conducted and research findings disseminated/published.
Students undertaking research supervised.
Tests, examinations, and course work set, marked, and results compiled.
Fundable Research grants applied for.
Junior Staff and students Mentored
1. Should hold a PhD or must be on a PhD track in the field of Space Science or Astronomy/Astrophysics or Material Science or Renewable Energy or Electronics or Radiation Physics
2. Applicants on PhD track must have defended their proposals by the time of submission of their applications (attach evidence of defense).
3. Should hold Masters of Science in the field of Space Science or Astronomy/Astrophysics or Material Science or Renewable Energy or Electronics or Radiation Physics
4. First Class or Second-class Upper Bachelor Degree in either Bachelor of Science Education majoring in Physics or Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Bachelor of Science Majoring in Physics.
5. Should have at least three (3) years teaching experience.
6. Demonstrate computer literacy skills.
7. The applicant must be below the age of 55 years.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill vacant positions at Muni University. Typed application letters should be submitted in triplicate to the Office of the University Secretary, Muni University, P. O. Box 725, Arua, or Kampala Liaison office in Makerere University Lincoln House A2 to be received not later than Monday, 27th March 2023 at 5:00pm.
The detailed job descriptions and the person specifications for the positions advertised can be viewed on the University web-site, www.muni.ac.ug
Mode of Application:
1. The application letter should bear the title of the post and the reference number specified against the vacancy.
2. Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their Academic Documents, Professional Certificates, appointment letters or Certificates of Service, National Identity Card and three recent passport size photographs, a typed and signed CV and any other relevant documents.
3. The application must include the applicants telephone contact, e-mail address and telephone numbers of three referees.
4. An applicant who shall not formally receive communication from the University on completion of the selection exercise should consider him/herself unsuccessful.
To apply for this job please visit www.muni.ac.ug.