Q-Sourcing Limited trading
Q-Sourcing Limited trading
Years Of Experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Ref; QSSU-CNOOC-LA-LEGAL ADVISOR
About this Job
Q-Sourcing Limited trading as Q-Sourcing Servtec is a manpower management solutions firm operating in the East African Region in the countries of Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, and South Sudan.
Q-Sourcing Servtec Group is looking for a competent, skilled, and experienced Legal Advisor for one of our clients CNOOC Uganda Limited.
Location: Kampala, Uganda. Mobilized to Albert Lake, operation sites or other cities if required.
1. Responsible for monitoring litigation and court proceedings as well as managing resolution of potential and actual disputes involving the company.
2. Providing legal advisory to ensure regulatory compliance and assist to manage all legal affairs of the Company and provide legal consultancy services.
1. Monitor litigation, attend court hearings, supervise external counsel and conduct case management
2. Coordinate the preparation, documentation, review and submission of periodic progress reports to relevant internal and external stakeholders
3. Liaise with and manage relations with external counsel to enforce compliance and follow up on judicial processes instituted by or against the company.
4. Provide legal advice to all departments of the Company regarding the business operations, corporate compliance, and all other legal matters of the company.
5. Draft, review, negotiate and advise on company commercial contracts and other relevant company documents and agreements required for conduct of company business.
6. Study laws and regulations monitor changes in relevant legislation and assist to manage the legal risks in that regard.
7. Review procurement contracts, provide legal advice, participate in negotiations and assure regulatory compliance
8. Representing the company in meetings, negotiations, discussions and other dealings with regulators, government authorities and other third parties.
9. Provide support to Land Acquisition activities including review of contractor agreements and reports, attend meetings and support dispute resolution.
10. Provide legal support to company projects
11. Other duties assigned by Supervisor.
1. Bachelors degree or above in Law degree, Post graduate diploma in Legal Practice
2. At least 6 years related working experience
Knowledge, skills and competencies
1. Demonstrated experience in litigation/arbitrations and dispute resolution.
2. Extensive knowledge of the Ugandan laws, regulations and policies pertaining to oil and gas industry.
3. Knowledge of commercial contracts, petroleum contracts and finance.
4. Good understanding of oil and gas industry
5. Excellent logic and comprehension, excellent organizational and communication skills.
6. Excellent critical thinking, analyzing and problem-solving ability.
7. Good command of both written and spoken English, excellent professional business writing skills.
8. Excellent analytical, court advocacy, negotiation and coordination skills.
9. Good IT literacy and computer skills Excellent team player.
10. Highly motivated and achievement orientated.
Interested and Qualified, Click Apply Now to Apply
To apply for this job please visit qsourcingservtec.applytojob.com.