Logistics/ Transportation/ Procurement jobs in Uganda
Years Of Experience
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Malteser International is the international humanitarian relief agency of the Sovereign Order of Malta. For over 60 years we provide relief and recovery for people during and following conflicts and disasters around the world. Christian values and humanitarian principles form the foundations of our work. In over 30 countries in Africa, the Americas, Asia and the Middle East, we support people in need regardless of their religion, origin or political convictions.
Malteser International has been working in Uganda since 1996, with projects in several regions of the country. In Northern Uganda and more specifically in the West Nile region, MI is currently active in the sectors of WASH, livelihood and environment for improving the lives of both the refugee population as well as the host communities. The WASH activities focus on improved access to safe water and sanitation. Livelihood and environment components complement the approach. In the capital Kampala Malteser Internationals focus lies on the health sector with the development of an operative ambulance system, an improved care for physiotherapy patients and the support of an initiative for mothers of disabled children.
For it’s work in Arua, Uganda, Malteser International is looking for a motivated Logistics Assistant National Position.
As the Logistics Assistant you will support the Logistics Officer with procurement and fleet management and be responsible for store management in order to support program implementation.
1. Supporting the procurement of items in consultation with the Logistics Officer and managing office supplies such as stationery, cleaning material and catering supplies
2. Generating and updating the list of preferred suppliers, ordering and preparing contracts as well as procuring items from local suppliers or elsewhere as appropriate
3. Maintaining clear, well-documented files and well-organized archives on operations: requisition orders, release orders, stock/bin cards, stock reports and physical inventory
4. Providing timely, accurate stock and inventory reports including equipment tracking reports for management information and donor reporting purposes
5. Ensuring that MI assets are received, coded and registered in the assets register and that disposal of MI assets is done in consultation with the Logistics Officer in accordance with existing policies and specific donor rules
6. Ensuring that daily and weekly vehicle inspections are performed and that regular servicing is carried out
7. Under the guidance of the Logistics Officer, assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports on vehicle performance i.e. mileage traveled and individual and total costs incurred for each vehicle
1. Degree in procurement or related field
2. At least 2 years of experience in a similar position with a good understanding of INGO procedures
3. Extremely detail-oriented and organized
4. Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills
6. Fluency in English (written and spoken)
7. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
What we offer:
Start Date: Immediately
Duty Station: Arua
Duration of contract: 1 year with possible extension subject to donor funding
Salary expectation: Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package, 13th pay cheque
Interested and Qualified, Click Apply Now to Apply
To apply for this job please visit jobs.malteser-international.org.