Insurance Regulatory Authority
- To ensure the provision of legal services, compliance with the provisions of the Insurance Act and other pertinent laws.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in monitoring enactments of laws and regulations and assess their impact on the operations of the Authority.
- Participation in providing legal services to the Authority.
- Effectively manage the Complaints Bureau provided for in the Insurance Act, by establishing a mechanism by which complaints are managed.
- Represent the Authority in the Courts of Law.
- Ensuring that all insurance players comply with the statutory requirements.
- In conjunction with Supervision Department, analyze applications for licenses and ensuring that they satisfy legal licensing requirements.
- Analyze texts of policy and proposal forms and proposed variations therein and submit reports.
- Prepare summarized report on complaints, on a monthly basis or at other intervals as the need may arise.
- Lead, manage and supervise the Complaints bureau.
- Carry out any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Competencies & Knowledge:
- Personal presentation
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory provisions
- Decision making
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
- Risk management
Key Performance Indicators
- Legal compliance of the Authority.
- Effective Litigation
- Prompt disposal of complaints.
- Prepared legal documents.
- Bachelors (Honors) degree in Law.
- At least a Master’s Degree in Law
- Diploma in Legal Practice
- A valid Practicing Certificate.
- Professional qualification in Insurance, ICSA or any other equivalent professional qualification.
- 6 years general experience as an advocate in a similar/related organization, 3 of which must be in litigation at supervisory level in a reputable organization.
- Experience in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) will be an added advantage.
Job Application Process
Interested candidates who meet the criteria’s should submit their applications together with copies of detailed up-to-date CVs and at least three referees, not later than 5:00 pm on 30th January 2023 to:
The Chief Executive Officer
Insurance Regulatory Authority of Uganda
Plot 6 Lumumba Avenue, Insurance Tower
P.O. Box 22855, Kampala
Or emailed to:
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org