Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Finance Trust Bank was licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank on 11th November, 2013, taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Today Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 500,000 depositors and over 37,000 borrowers, through a network of 35 branches country wide. The bank oﬀers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
In order to meet the needs of its growing customer base, the company is seeking to recruit dynamic, self-motivated, result oriented professionals to fill the following position;
- Manager Employee Relations
This position reports directly to the Head Human Resource and will be based at Head Office.
Role of the Job:
To implement the HR policies, ensure staff compliance with the existing HR policies & procedures. Provide HR support to the business ensuring fair and equitable application of employment practices for all employees bank wide.
Key Result Areas:
- Participate in developing and implementing appropriate HR strategy, policies and procedures in consultation with the HHR.
- Implement the Performance management system in line with the HR policy and produce related statistics concerning performance
- Ensure harmonious industrial relations through managing the Trade Union activities
- Develop and Update Job Descriptions data base
- Provide up to date information on staffing for stakeholders reports quarterly or as and when required.
- Ensuring the safety of Information and maintaining privacy and confidentiality in line with data protection guidelines
- Update the Organizational structure; Implement any structural changes ensuring that necessary activities are effectively implemented.
- Implement the Code of conduct and administer the company’s disciplinary code of conduct.
- Implement the health and safety policy of the bank.
- Develop and implement initiatives that promote staff motivation and team building.
- Ensure that all employees are advised on HR policies and legislation which concern them, e.g. conditions of service, government legislation, Code of Conduct and policies and procedures.
- Implement the retention policy of the Bank in line with the HR policy.
- Maintain a staff query management system and promote timely response to staff queries.
- Management of staff exit procedure in compliance with HR policy and labor laws ensuring no financial linkages related to HR process.
- Ensure litigation in Staff related issues is minimized
- Ensure due diligence is done on new staff
- Attend to any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of Resources
Any other duties as may be assigned by your immediate supervisor from time to time
Minimum educational and technical competence requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in the Humanities
- Postgraduate degree in Human Resource
- At least 3 years in a supervisory role position
- Practical knowledge of relevant labor laws
- Working experience with HR Management systems
- Must have critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Banking or similar environment.
- Team player, ability to work under pressure and in position to exercise excellent judgment.
- The ability to communicate clearly in a professional manner is deemed essential.
- Ability to build functioning working relationships
- Takes clear accountability, and focuses on delivery of broader corporate goals.
- Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty.
- Ability to demonstrate positive image and up hold FTB values.
- Must be a person of integrity
Position carries an attractive salary and benefits package.
Suitably qualified candidates should address their application to Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, TWED PLAZA, Plot 22B, Lumumba Avenue, Kampala, Uganda, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . As well as photocopies of academic testimonials, and a CV. The CV should include telephone contacts and email addresses of three referees, one of who should be the most recent employer.
Closing date for submission of the applications is 20th March, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted directly on Tel. Numbers 0312 222600 or 0414 341275 ONLY.
Please note that in line with the Bank procedures, no job offers are made online
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com