The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
DEADLINE: Sunday, April 16, 2023 at 12:00:00 AM
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Bachelor Degree
JOB LOCATION: Kampala
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap. 153 and continued under the National Environment Act No-5 of 2019 as the Principal Agency for Environment Management in Uganda with mandate to Regulate, Monitor, Supervise and Coordinate all activities relating to the environment in Uganda.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified NEMA staff to fill the following vacant positions on the new NEMA structure.
Main Purpose of the Job
To develop and implement Environment Education and Public Awareness Strategies, Plans and Programmes
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Spearhead the development and implementation of division Work Plans, Budgets and prepare timely reports
2. Establish and maintain a robust Environment Education and Public Awareness Programs
3. Coordinate and support mainstreaming of environment education in education curricula at early childhood, Primary, Post Primary, Tertiary and Community education levels
4. Coordinate and engage Lead Agencies and other stakeholders in Environment Education and Advocacy at formal and informal level
5. Coordinate organization of the Annual World Environment Day and other related environment and natural resources commemorations and events
6. Coordinate production and dissemination of the Communication, Education and Public Awareness materials and messages in liaison with the Communications Unit
7. Mobilize resources for environment awareness and education programs
8. Develop and implement an effective environment advocacy Strategy, Plans, Programs
9. Effectively participate in and build networks for environment Education and Awareness
10. Coordinate with other divisions/departments to mainstream Environment Education and Awareness
11. Initiate and promote applied research and innovative approaches for Environment Education and Awareness
12. Supervise and appraise the staff under the division
13. Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
An Honors Bachelors Degree in the relevant field of Environment and Natural
Resources, Mass Communication, Development Studies, Education for Sustainable development or Science in Education from a recognized University or Institution.
Masters Degree in any of the relevant fields above.
Must have at least eight years (8) relevant professional working experience in Environment Education and Public Awareness three of which should have been at Senior level in a reputable organization.
Competences and Skills:
a) Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
b) Excellent analytical skills
c) Knowledge and skills in Strategic Planning
d) Knowledge and skills in Conservation Planning
e) Leadership, team building and supervision skills
f) Financial and Human Resource Management skills
g) Excellent Scholarly writing, publication and presentation skills
h) Resource Mobilization skills
i) Risk Management skills
j) High moral integrity
k) Knowledge Management skills
An Honors Bachelors Degree in the relevant field of Information and Communication Technology or Information Systems or Geographical Information Systems
A Masters Degree in Environment and Natural Resources Management or Geographical Information Systems and Remote Sensing or related field.
Professional certifications in information systems development and management
Must have at least Eight (8) years relevant professional working experience in Environment Information Management three of which should have been at senior level in a reputable organization.
Details of the Job Descriptions and Person Specifications for the above positions are available on the NEMA website www.nema.go.ug
Staff of Uganda Police Force, Uganda People’s Defense Forces, Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda Intelligence Services who have requisite requirements for the positions of Manager Environment Protection Force, Principal Environment Intelligence Officer, Principal Investigations Officer and Environment Protection Officer may respond to this Internal Advert for only the said positions subject to their internal clearance processes as appropriate.
Potential candidates should download an application form from the NEMA website, fill the form and attach “O” and “A” level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: “Position-Name of Applicant”.
The one pdf file should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 16th April 2023. Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.
Applicants are allowed to apply for not more than two posts. Those who applied for the re-advertised jobs, need not to reapply except if they have now acquired requisite qualifications.
Only succesful candidates at any stage shall be contacted.
Any form of lobbying to Executive Director, Board or any other authority or individual will lead to automatic disqualification of the Applicant.
Follow This Link To Apply: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org