The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
DEADLINE: Sunday, April 16, 2023 at 12:00:00 AM
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL: Bachelor Degree
JOB LOCATION: Kampala
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act, Cap. 153 and continued under the National Environment Act No-5 of 2019 as the Principal Agency for Environment Management in Uganda with mandate to Regulate, Monitor, Supervise and Coordinate all activities relating to the environment in Uganda.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified NEMA staff to fill the following vacant positions on the new NEMA structure.
Main Purpose of the Job
To spearhead Environment Management Planning and Lead Agency Coordination in Uganda
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Spearhead the development and implementation of Departmental Work Plans, Budgets and prepare timely reports
2. Coordinate development and implementation of the National Environment Management Plan
3. Support development and implementation of Local Governments and Urban Authorities Environment Action Plans
4. Coordinate development and implementation of Environment and Natural Resources Ecosystems, Species and Genetic Resources Management Plans and Strategies
5. Spearhead timely preparation of the State of Environment Reports for Uganda
6. Develop and promote natural resources valuation and natural capital accounting systems in Uganda
7. Establish an effective and functional Lead Agency Coordination Framework
8. Develop and Implement a Performance Management Scheme for Lead Agencies on Environment Planning, Management and Reporting
9. Effectively contribute to development and management of the Environment Information Management System
10. Coordinate with other departments to ensure that all matters relevant to Environment Planning and Lead Agency Coordination are mainstreamed
11. Support and promote applied research on best practices on Environmental Planning and Stakeholder coordination
12. Support public awareness and education about Environment Planning and Lead Agency Coordination
13. Supervise and appraise staff under the Division
14. Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor
An Honors Bachelor of Science Degree in the relevant field of Environment and Natural Resources Management or Natural Resources Economics
A Masters Degree in a relevant field of Natural Resources Economics or Environment and Natural Resources Management or Environment Planning
Training in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing
Must have at least Eight Years (8) relevant professional working experience in Environment Planning and Management three of which should have been at senior level in a reputable organization.
Competences and Skills:
a) Excellent scientific analytical skills
b) Strategic planning knowledge and skills
c) Conservation planning knowledge and skills
d) Knowledge of green development and cleaner production
e) Leadership, team building and supervision skills
f) Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
g) Good understanding of mitigation hierarchy
h) Financial and Human Resource management skills
i) Excellent scholarly writing, publication and presentation skills
j) Resource Mobilization skills
k) Risk Management skills
l) Command of excellent Information Communication Technology skills
An Honors Bachelors Degree in the relevant field of Environment and Natural
Resources, Mass Communication, Development Studies, Education for Sustainable development or Science in Education from a recognized University or Institution.
Masters Degree in any of the relevant fields above.
Must have at least eight years (8) relevant professional working experience in Environment Education and Public Awareness three of which should have been at Senior level in a reputable organization.
Details of the Job Descriptions and Person Specifications for the above positions are available on the NEMA website www.nema.go.ug
Staff of Uganda Police Force, Uganda People’s Defense Forces, Uganda Wildlife Authority and the Uganda Intelligence Services who have requisite requirements for the positions of Manager Environment Protection Force, Principal Environment Intelligence Officer, Principal Investigations Officer and Environment Protection Officer may respond to this Internal Advert for only the said positions subject to their internal clearance processes as appropriate.
Potential candidates should download an application form from the NEMA website, fill the form and attach “O” and “A” level certificates, Bachelor’s and Postgraduate Degree Transcripts and Certificates, Professional certificates where applicable and Employment letters in one pdf file named: “Position-Name of Applicant”.
The one pdf file should be submitted to email@example.com not later than 16th April 2023. Applications not in one pdf file and those arriving after closing time will not be considered.
Applicants are allowed to apply for not more than two posts. Those who applied for the re-advertised jobs, need not to reapply except if they have now acquired requisite qualifications.
Only succesful candidates at any stage shall be contacted.
Any form of lobbying to Executive Director, Board or any other authority or individual will lead to automatic disqualification of the Applicant.
Follow This Link To Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com